Reporting to the Supervisor, Communications Services, the selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining the facilities inventory levels.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of maintaining the facility for the storage of 60,000 boxes and 700,000 engineering drawings
- Ensure accuracy of all receiving, shipping and destruction activities on the records management database (HPE Records Manager).
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of two (2) contract employees
- Assign workloads to warehouse employees and prioritize work assignments.
- Operate a computer and assigned software to input data and generate reports.
- Prepare, maintain and submit a variety of reports related to warehouse operations
- Establish and oversee overall work plans and priorities, monitor special project status through completion.
- Keep management informed of Records Center services, high-interest issues, project(s) status, personnel, facility, technology, equipment/safety, security and other section-related needs and issues.
- Make recommendations to manager regarding proper storage, inventory and warehousing procedures and improvements for warehouse efficiency.
- Respond to emails and phone inquiries regarding records and database procedures.
- Maintain accurate daily attendance record for all employees.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Records Management
- Must possess a High School Diploma / GED
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of HPE Records Manager software
- Demonstrate analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills, and experience in successfully working with, leading, and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and establishing working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and at times under very tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.