The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey’s Engineering Department is in the process of streamlining, standardizing and expanding the implementation of BIM on PANYNJ projects. The PANYNJ is seeking a visionary BIM/CADD manager with hands-on experience that can lead the Agency’s adoption of BIM on its portfolio of projects while also maintaining the high standards and services of our CADD support group. This position will require; demonstrated hands-on and leadership skills, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work with multiple stakeholders of the different design disciplines and construction management. This is a position of high visibility and growth potential within the agency, and candidates’ vision, methodology and track record of successful implementations in similar environments is a key differentiator.
The BIM/CADD Manager is responsible for the overall development, management, and implementation of the BIM and CADD processes within the department. The candidate will report to the Manager, Engineering Systems Applications, working closely with the Design and Construction divisions.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for aiding project personnel in the implementation of BIM program activities on their projects, including pro-active training and support.
- Coordinate BIM/CADD training for department staff as needed.
- Assist the Construction and Design divisions in the application and use of BIM/CADD to reduce costs and improve productivity.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and upgrade of the department’s BIM/CADD Guidelines. Adjusts the guidelines based on Industry, Organization and Technology shifts.
- Ensure that all Department BIM/CADD projects are adequately coordinated, as necessary, for the development of facility information models.
- Maintain and coordinate BIM/CADD related hardware and software requirements with the Design and Construction divisions.
- Provide coordination between the BIM/CADD support group and individual Engineering Department project teams.
- Provide regular status on performance metrics on the use of BIM/CADD on Department projects.
- Identify emerging technology and integration opportunities to advance the Agency’s asset delivery and management initiatives.
- Provide input on the incorporation of BIM into design and construction contracts.
- Development and enforcement of the divisional BIM/CADD program
- Support BIM implementation opportunities in the marketing and pre-construction phases of a project.
- Monitor progress on designated projects and ensure deliverables are completed on schedule.
- Provide budget estimates for BIM to teams who are pursuing new projects.
- Support the department in software purchases.
- Develop and review project BIM/CADD execution plans and provide feedback, to continually implement our best practices.
- Track BIM implementation on projects and offer suggestions for process improvements.
- Lead the development of best practices and help to incorporate them into BIM/CADD guidelines database
Additional Information: This position will be located at 2 Montgomery & $ WTC
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in engineering design/construction industry using BIM and CADD software applications.
- Proficient in the use of the following computer programs: AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks and Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Livelink, Primavera Suite, estimating, and other software applications that can be integrated with Revit.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Masters Degree in Computational Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Possess excellent organization skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to produce various staff reports and technology demonstrations.
- Self-motivated, creative and experienced in working in a team environment.
- Clear understanding of construction documents.
- Proven expertise in creation of construction documents
- Understanding of CPM scheduling.
- Understanding of pre-construction services.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.