The Aviation department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Manager, Physical Plant, Structures & Redevelopment to drive the mission of New Jersey Airports (EWR & TEB) by providing leadership to one of two operating divisions. You will oversee the day to day operations and implement major change efforts that will have a direct impact on airport experience for customers and tenants at two airports, including one of the busiest International facilities in North America.
Reporting to the General Manager, NJ Airports, and working closely with the Assistant Director, Aviation Development, the Manager, Physical Plant, Structures & Redevelopment will be responsible for:
- Collaborative development and management of the airport’s Capital Plan and Major Work Programs
- Managing the operating budgets for all units in Physical Plant
- Leading the Physical Plant Units toward achieving the airport’s overall mission and goals
- Providing oversight to the Manager of Maintenance
- Providing oversight to the Manager of AirTrain
- Providing senior level representation of infrastructure issues with Engineering to ensure that design and construction undertakings are successfully implemented
- Directing all activities and ensuring that tenant construction is done in accordance with the TCAP process including all applicable codes and processes
- Managing the airport’s responsibilities for the Agency's Structural Integrity and Fire Life Safety programs
- Ensuring that all facility staff inspections are performed in a timely fashion, deficiencies are communicated to the responsible parties, and appropriate records are maintained
- Working with QAD to address facility emergencies as well as their cyclical inspection program
- Managing all aspects of the airport’s Utility and Asset Management Programs
- Directing Division staff during snow operations and other emergencies
- Oversight responsibility for the on-airport Project Management staff, who directly report to the Program Director for Aviation
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of noted and progressively responsible experience in maintenance, capital planning, project management, or related field in a managerial capacity
- Demonstrated ability to supervise professional, represented, clerical staff and service contractors
- Available to respond to the airport 24/7, on weekends and holidays, as needed to address emergencies, including adverse weather events
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and presenting before executive management
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated managerial skills and significant experience supervising a large airport maintenance workforce of represented and non-represented employees
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex strategies to deliver projects that represent the needs of the agency and department, to achieve broad business goals in the areas of airport operations, maintenance, facilities, asset management, and airport redevelopment, and to understand the impact of these projects on various stakeholders within and outside the PA
- Demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, PA procedures and capital authorization processes related to project development, implementation, and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Port Authority’s TCAP process and PA code compliance review procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of PA policies and procedures related to project management systems.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating design efforts and/or construction activities
- Knowledge of ICMS or other capital planning resource tools
- Experience with managing tenant relations, investments and lease holding
- New York or New Jersey Professional Engineer license desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with capability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external partners and stakeholders
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Work for one of the world’s most vital and vibrant operations of transportation network! We want dynamic candidates who have a clear interest in a career in public service and show a passion for all areas of aviation/airport management.
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of NY & NJ builds, operates, and maintains critical transportation and trade assets. Its networks of aviation, rail, surface transportation and seaport facilities annually moves millions of people and transports vital cargo through the New York/New Jersey region. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, home to the iconic One World Trade Center.
The Port Authority of NY & NJ operates one of the world’s busiest airport system – John F. Kennedy International (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), New York Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports. Our airports produce revenues of $2.4 billion and are staffed by more than 1,500 aviation professionals.
The mission of the Aviation department is to plan, develop, provide, promote, operate and maintain a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo and to do so with sensitively for the community and the environment.
The agency’s airports handled more than 132 million passengers and 2 million+ tons of cargo.
Join our Talent Network: www.JoinThePortAuthority.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.