Job ID: 34103
Department: Security Operations & Programs
Location: 4 World Trade Center
This is a One Year Temporary Position with Benefits
The CSO Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals (TB&T) Sr. Security Coordinator, reporting to the CSO Manager of TB&T Security, provides support to all departmental efforts in the planning and execution of strategic security related initiatives in order to comply with federal and state requirements. The Security Administrator will be the primary point of contact for information security within the TB&T department ensuring that all policy and requirements stated in the Port Authority Information Security Handbook are adhered to by Port Authority and contract staff, and by conducting audits within the department as required. The Sr. Security Coordinator will assist with the administration of the contracts for Unarmed Security Guard Services and Multi-Facility Maintenance of Access Control and CCTV Systems at the TB&T facilities: George Washington Bridge and Bus Station, Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, Port Authority Bus Terminal & Staten Island Bridges. The Sr. Security Coordinator will be responsible for developing and tracking performance metrics for the contract security services. The Security Administrator will assist with daily administrative work within the TB&T Security Group and new security initiatives as they arise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Security, Technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Progressively responsible experience in security operations, physical security, guard force management and administration, CCTV and access control system administration.
* Demonstrated experience performing analysis, producing reports, and managing contracts.
* Knowledge of physical security countermeasures and security technology systems.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime hours, weekend and evening hours as circumstances may dictate, including response to facilities during security and/or weather emergencies.
* Must be able to attend meetings and work at TB&T facilities and the Port Authority Technical Center as needed.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* In-depth understanding of security industry best practices, policies and procedures in a transportation environment.
*Understanding of information security best practices.
* Experience and knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing initiatives and resources.
* Solid interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels, supporting departments, consultants and outside agencies.
* Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendations.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.