This job posting is no longer active.
The Talent Acquisition division of the Human Resources Department is seeking an experienced professional to join its team as an Assistant Manager. In this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with the Port Authority’s businesses to develop Talent Acquisition strategies and processes that will support the organization in managing an impressive capital program and several significant change management initiatives.
About Talent Acquisition: Talent Acquisition works in partnership with all departments to manage the selection of highly qualified staff; develops and implements highly innovative recruitment strategies to build bench strength; and promotes the Port Authority as a leader in sourcing and acquiring the best and the brightest talent for our future. Filling nearly 1,000 positions annually, the Talent Acquisition team has several areas of focus including operations and maintenance, technical and corporate roles, executive positions, as well as robust campus recruitment initiatives.
About the Role: The Assistant Manager will report to and act on the behalf of the Manager, Talent Acquisition serving as a key partner for all day to day matters related to managing the operation of the division. In particular, this position will have a focus on overseeing and delivering various process improvement initiatives critical to providing the agency with a best in class recruitment experience. The Assistant Manager will have direct oversight and responsibility for the successful execution of the agency’s campus and diversity recruitment strategies, including several direct reports.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the supervision and leadership of the Talent Acquisition team in collaboration with the Manager
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and other stakeholder to deliver Talent Acquisition programs and processes, aligning HR and people strategies to agency priorities and standards
- Direct oversight and responsibility for the teams responsible for the agency’s campus recruitment programs as well as our Veterans & Diversity recruitment initiatives
- Identify and prioritize programs and/or processes for enhancement or improvement; work projects through the department’s program management protocol
- Serve as a champion around embedding diversity and inclusion checkpoints throughout the recruitment process
- Develop metrics and reports to measure the effectiveness of the talent acquisition function and its impact on the organization; prepare reports to executive leadership as requested
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within HR (Office of Medical Services, Assessment Services, HR Operations Partners) to ensure operational efficiency for Talent Acquisition function
- Manage relationships with external vendors as assigned, ensuring uninterrupted service
- Serve as the recruiter to an assigned group of client departments; partnering with hiring managers to understand qualification requirements and develop appropriate recruitment strategies
- Provide support for executive recruitment efforts as assigned, partnering with the Manager, Executive Recruitment
- Lead changes to our on-boarding process to ensure a valuable, efficient and best in class experience for new hires
- Support in coordination of large scale recruitment and on-boarding events
- Manage relationships with vendors as assigned, this can include staffing agencies and background vendors
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in corporate recruitment or Talent Acquisition with at least 1 year in a supervisory position
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Previous experience working in a public sector and/or unionized environment is highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience building and leading a best-in-class talent acquisition function
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing and building pipelines of candidates
- Ability to have credibility at the senior management level, built on trust and experience
- Ability to identify issues and work in partnership toward practical solutions which resolve them
- Willingness to be "hands-on" and work as an effective member of a dynamic Human Resources team
- Ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately, exercise discretion as appropriate, and remain sensitive to individual situations
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or another applicant tracking system
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.