Reporting to the Assistant Director of Policy and Projects, the Manager, Policy & Projects will drive analyses and reporting of key leasing and property performance metrics, administer technology systems, and implement guiding policies and procedures that are prudent or advantageous to the department and its clients and partners. The selected candidate will contribute to a broad array of projects – from land use actions and value capture mechanisms to agreements related to advertising rights.
- Oversee performance reporting of real estate leasing activities and analyses of financial and commercial real estate (CRE) market trends; optimize the department’s portfolio strategy with reliable market intelligence that defines key performance indicators for internal line departments and external markets and submarkets, including current and projected rents, vacancy rates, and inventory growth
- Transform leasing and property data into meaningful presentations or analyses for a wide variety of audiences
- Implement and sustain process improvements through interdepartmental collaboration to drive achievement of organizational goals and departmental metrics for the creation of dashboards and reporting metrics
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and point-of-contact for technology systems, including but not limited to:
- Oversight of administrative responsibilities, such as creating and maintaining security access protocols
- Managing interfaces between SAP Real Estate Module (SAP/RE), Yardi Voyager and/or other technology systems
- Establishing and maintaining critical business processes, procedures and workflows for technology systems and real estate transactions
- Troubleshooting problems for technology systems, such as reporting and workflow errors
- Managing systems training and controls for end-users
- Developing and maintaining documents, such as end user forms, tutorials and instruction manuals.
- Performing SAP/RE disaster recovery testing
- Managing data integrity for the technology systems
- Develop, implement and sustain business processes, policies and procedures that insure efficiencies, consistency, and precision in compliance with state regulations and Port Authority policies and procedures
- Oversee the implementation of corrective actions or remediation resulting from internal and external audits, including training, developing new policies or procedures, and assessment of alternative solutions.
- Promote research and analysis of land use actions, policies and value share mechanisms that extract value for projects and initiatives
- Support the execution of advertising objectives, goals and budgets by analyzing and communicating marketing, advertising and sales trends
- Formulate and manage Requests for Proposals (RFP) and contracts, including technology systems for leasing and property management and advertising rights on Port Authority assets
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in public administration, business administration, planning or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, creating reports and dashboards, and policy analysis
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Strong problem solving and technical aptitude with demonstrated proficiency in software applications and systems, preferably Yardi Voyager and SAP/RE or with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.