The Real Estate Development Initiatives department is looking for a Senior Associate to join their team. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Policy and Projects, the Senior Associate will support a range of projects and initiatives in a customer-oriented environment where attention to detail is critical. The Senior Associate will contribute to a broad array of projects – from land use actions to agreements related advertising rights. The candidate’s demonstrated ability to organize, communicate, adapt, and collaborate will be a key to success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advance real estate transactions and projects with analyses and reporting on real estate market data and trends for individual real estate classes, zoning and land use plans for development sites
- Translate quantitative data into qualitative reports that can be easily presented and communicated to internal and external partners, and executive management
- Develop and execute a project management framework usable throughout the department, that helps ensure optimal balance of time, resources, and spend to achieve performance targets while advancing strategic objectives
- Performs research and analysis that drive land use actions and value capture mechanisms that extract value for Port Authority initiatives (e.g. Transit Oriented Development)
- Provide support with issuing and managing Requests for Proposals (RFP) and contracts, including advertising rights on Port Authority assets, real estate leasing and technology systems for leasing and property management
- Maintain effective communication with staff responsible for project elements to establish and ensure the flow of information among departments and vendors/service providers in order to achieve project success and full monetization of assets (e.g., advertising, land, and retail space)
- In collaboration with departmental and agency staff, develop, implement and sustain policies and procedures that ensures compliance and effective data collection and control mechanisms are in place
- Maintain accurate records including statistical information where appropriate
- Perform data validation across real estate applications, including SAP and Yardi Voyager to insure best-in-class asset management
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, economics, finance, urban policy, or equivalent; graduate training/degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience required in developing Excel-based models, conducting quantitative and statistical analysis, implementation process design, problem solving, and consensus building
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Excellent financial analysis, oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to timeframes and deadlines for completion
- Knowledge/experience with managing projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrated experience working collectively in the implementation of goals and objectives
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.