The New Jersey Marine Terminals is hiring a Manager, Port Operations who will be primarily responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations at NJMT. The successful candidate must be able to respond to any NJMT facility for all emergencies including those that are weather related, and any other declared agency or facility emergency. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and updates emergency communications and response plans, and responds to facility emergencies including weather, accidents, and security incidents;
- Ensures that excellent customer service is provided to Port customers, stakeholders and tenants through timely feedback, regular visits, and following up on open issues;
- Ensures compliance with the Marine Terminals Tariff FMC Schedule No. PA10 at all public berths and vacant space throughout the facility and participates in annual reviews of rules and regulations;
- Tracks NJMT operations staff overtime;
- Provides operational input on operating major works contracts, new leases, redevelopment projects, and facility construction;
- Administers and coordinates activities related to several contracts including security guards; and
- Directly supervises five (5) management staff and indirectly supervises six (6) represented staff responsible for 24/7 coverage of the Operations Control Center. Develops objectives and provides regular feedback on performance.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Maritime Transportation, Logistics, Business, Public Administration or related field
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a governmental or private business setting, with emphasis on managing operations and staffing issues
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security
- Selected candidate will be required to obtain Certification as a Facility Security Officer within three months of appointment to position
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Proven ability to supervise staff in both management and union positions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Port Authority operating policies and procedures, specifically those related to facility management and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects, manage time effectively and work independently.
- Ability to take independent action, be innovative and decisive.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to work with individuals at all levels, both from within and outside the organization.
- Ability to manage conflicts effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP, PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.