The Major Capital Projects Department is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Directing and managing consultant teams to assist in their responsibilities in developing written products, including reports, metrics, schedules, research memos, internal and external communications and presentations on the program and its constituent projects that concisely and clearly describe complex analyses and options to senior management.
- Managing consultant teams, and in-house staff in the development of construction documents and bid packages.
- Developing a detailed project scope of work based on a statement of problem or a desired outcome. Establish project economics and timeline in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Developing phasing and staging plans for future and ongoing work, and coordinating with existing facility operations (i.e. PATH, WTCR, MTA, PAC, etc.).
- Direct and supervise Port Authority staff, and external construction managers, inspectors and administrators and provide oversight and coordination of activities associated with multiple heavy construction projects for WTCC/MCP.
- Working closely with project staff, construction managers, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure the installation of complex electrical and HVAC systems is successfully coordinated, completed, tested and commissioned.
- Performing constructability and value engineering reviews of construction documents.
- Review contract documents during design for classification and compliance with established security and emergency management systems criteria.
- Supporting management, providing oversight and coordination of construction activities associated with projects for MCP/WTCC Department.
- Managing daily contractor activities for multiple projects to ensure they are completed within budget & contracted schedule.
- Resolving construction issues, negotiations and field changes to ensure timely progression of work.
- Manage and ensure that final inspections and punch-list work are completed, Permits’ to Occupy/Use are formally issued, and the contract closeout process is followed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including report preparation.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in engineering, project management, facility operations and /or construction management
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills in handling of complex and challenging issues with sound judgment and personal accountability.
- Demonstrated knowledge of established PA procedures and processes, including but not limited to, project and construction management and the Tenant Construction/Alteration (TCAP) review process, financial systems and document control.
- Demonstrated experience with building construction industry in the City of New York, as well as applicable jurisdictional building codes (i.e. building codes City of New York and OSHA).
- Demonstrated experience in successfully commissioning and/or integrating major MEP systems
- Ability to work independently as well as motivate others in high pressure environment with multiple assignments due to tight timeframe; and operate effectively in the face of uncertainty and change.
- Demonstrated experience in administering capital construction contracts including change order management, and contract closeout.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of engineering and/or project management software systems, including Primavera P6 and AutoCAD
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.