This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey offers paid internships to students, providing the opportunity to work with experienced professionals on assignments critical to building, operating, and maintaining transportation and infrastructure assets in New York and New Jersey. Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication, and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency.
The Tunnels, Bridges & Terminals Department is looking for an intern to join their Electronic Toll Revenue Collection team!
About the Toll Revenue Collection Unit:
The Toll Revenue Collection team within Tunnels, Bridges & Terminals (TB&T) is responsible for collecting electronic tolls incurred at The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey bridges and tunnels. This team manages a joint contract with MTA/NYSTA for back-office system and operation of E-ZPass and Tolls by Mail, revenue collection of approximately $1.8 billion annually, account management, and customer facing content (website and mobile app). This scope of work was awarded through a new contract and oversight of the transition will require intensive oversight.
- Compile, validate, manage, and analyze Customer Service Center (CSC) back-office system and operations data and perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis to identify concerns and summarize findings and report
- Identify and track vendor performance in accordance with internal processes, metrics, or KPIs
- Support with quality control
- Support process documentation
- Incorporate data into PowerBI visualizations
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program through the Fall 2024 semester (August 2024 or beyond)
- Experience with Microsoft apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interest in contributing to the success of the New York and New Jersey region
- Interest in public service and/or transportation
- Willingness to learn
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, particularly VBA code and power query
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI), including visual dashboards like PowerBI and Tableau
- Knowledge and experience writing SQL queries
- Strong research, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to gather data, perform process analysis, and provide recommendations/summaries
- Strong time-management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated productivity in a team environment
- The start date is expected to in March or April with an orientation that will take place at 4 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan
- An end date will be determined after the internship starts
- This will be a part-time internship until May 30 (anywhere from 10 to 36.25 hours/week) and more full-time after May 30 (generally 5 days per week at 7.25 hours of work per day plus a 45-minute break)
- The format is expected to be hybrid (partially virtual and partially in-person at 4 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan)
- The hourly salary range is $17.20 to $28.85 (the hourly salary is determined by internship type and school year)
- These details are subject to change
How to Apply:
- Click “Apply Now”
- Follow the prompts
- Please submit the following with your application:
- A resume that clearly indicates your expected graduation date from the program you’re current enrolled in
- A cover letter detailing why you want to intern at The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.