The Office of the Chief Security Officer is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their Security Project Management Unit. Under the supervision and direction of the Senior Program Manager, the Senior Project Manager will provide day-to-day management of multiple assigned projects, including scope, schedule, and cost management from conceptual design through contract preparation, construction completion and project close out. The candidate will manage assigned workload, which shall include scoping of new projects, establishing project baselines, securing necessary authorizations, ensuring that projects are designed and implemented on time and within budget, and completing project status reporting. The candidate will manage physical security projects, electronics security projects, security reviews of Line Department managed and Tenant Construction projects, and conduct site visits at Port Authority facilities, in New York and New Jersey.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the planning and deployment of security technologies, such as: CCTV, access control, radio and communication systems, IP-based network infrastructure, application servers and sensors.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively utilize limited available resources
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence
- Demonstrated customer service, decision-making, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within the scope of responsibility, along with judgment on when to escalate issues to a higher level.
- Ability to lead or moderate technical discussions between engineering, technical, construction and facility operations staff
- Demonstrated ability to review design drawings containing multiple discipline details and specifications.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to present technical information to stakeholders and to negotiate and persuade recommended solutions.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.