This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority’s Technology Department (TEC) is a service group that provides technology solutions for Port Authority line departments and supporting business units. The Port Authority builds and maintains physical infrastructure at EWR, LGA, JFK, SWF airports, NJ/NY river crossings, PATH rail, the PABT and GWB terminals, Ports facilities and the World Trade Center. This diverse portfolio of Port Authority physical assets and businesses defines and drives the diverse technology projects and initiatives managed by TEC and supported by its PMO, project managers, and technical leads. These technological solutions directly enable the Agency to fulfill its mission to rebuild the region's aging infrastructure and provide customers with an unmatched network of 21st century, world-class facilities.
The Technology Department’s Project Management Office (PMO) is expanding its project management capacity and seeks a capable System & Network Project Manager to join its ranks and lead the successful implementation of identified technology solutions.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple technology projects of varying size and complexity. The candidate will be expected to deliver results in a matrix organization and coordinate and influence multiple work groups, interests, project teams and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate for the System & Network Project Manager position will be expected to effectively project manage initiatives that will include:
- Supporting TEC Network Engineers, for the installation, configuration, and testing of IT network hardware, which may include routers, switches, communication devices and video walls.
- Supporting TEC Enterprise Architects, for the deployment of solutions across existing systems for increased enterprise cybersecurity and enhanced event monitoring.
- Improving security of enterprise applications, Industrial Control Systems and Operational Technologies, as well as related processes and procedures
- Implementing technology solutions that are sponsored and financed by Line Departments that will require the installation of software applications to a hosted environment, installation, and configuration of hardware end points, followed by end-to-end system testing.
- Upgrading existing applications, operating systems, or hosting environments
- Procuring new technology solutions. This will require close coordination between the PA Line Department, TEC, and PA procurement group. It will involve validating and documenting business requirements, contributing to discussions on contract terms, and establishing a baseline implementation schedule with milestones and a payment schedule.
- Work collaboratively and proactively in a complex and demanding environment to deliver on assigned projects.
- Create high level execution plans for delivering on agreed to project scope.
- Establish and champion recommended project requirements, design, and planning standards. including delivery methodology based on project needs.
- Engage with TEC technical resources to identify tasks requiring action or follow up.
- Communicate project progress to PA project stakeholders and senior management.
- Proactively engage with PA senior management to escalate roadblocks.
- Anticipate & resolve project issues and mitigate risks to minimize project delays.
- Represent and advocate for PA Technology Department expectations with PA business lines, PA vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Maintain personal productivity in a matrixed work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years managing technology solution projects.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle and proven experience delivering on elements of technology solution projects, including software and hardware installation
- Knowledge of network infrastructure components that enable the connectivity, communications, and operations of an enterprise network, including end points, routers, switches, copper/fiber optic cabling, servers, data centers, firewalls, ports, IP addresses, network security applications.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office 365 application suite of applications with intermediate knowledge of MS Project.
- Ability to influence teams and people.
- Be an effective verbal and written communicator, summarizing key concepts and issues.
- Prior experience in the capital project management sector.
- PMP or knowledge of SDLC or structured methodology.
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Experience with enterprise-wide implementations or upgrades.
- Experience working with information systems practices such as ITIL.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.