The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a motivated and experienced Terminal A Operations and Commercial Manager to manage the commercial contract agreements between the Port Authority, the Terminal Operator (TO), and the Airlines that operate at Newark Liberty International Airport’s (EWR) Terminal A, and oversee Terminal A Operations to ensure compliance with PA governance and operational standards on a day to day basis.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, New Jersey Airports, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Aviation Department’s Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), the Terminal A Operations and Commercial Manager participates in development of lease agreements associated with Terminal A; manages the OMC contracts in Terminal A; interfaces with the TO and Terminal A stakeholders to ensure EWR’s terminal operations are consistent and aligned with industry standards and the world class operations in accordance with the Aviation Department’s vision
- Actively managing the existing contracts between the Port Authority, TO and Airlines that operate at Terminal A, including reporting of financial performance of the Terminal, and ensuring that the TO is delivering service to established KPIs.
- Assisting the CCO in negotiating terminal leases, space permits, and other terminal-related agreements for all EWR Terminal A tenants.
- Providing strategic leadership to the Terminal A operator to ensure alignment with implementation of PA processes and goals.
- Collaborating continuously with the TO, concessionaires, federal partners, airlines, and other terminal stakeholders to ensure alignment of operations that meet the best interest of EWR operational needs.
- Delivering world class customer service initiatives in collaboration with EWR customer service staff, ensuring that the TO meets Customer Service Standards requirements in accordance with the Aviation Department’s Airports Customer Service Standards Manual.
- Providing guidance to the TO in their response efforts for airport emergencies, including winter and other adverse weather conditions, including ensuring close coordination with EWR senior management, concessions, and O&M teams.
- Actively participating in all Airport Emergency Operations Center activations and acting as EOC manager when needed.
- Providing strategic input to the ongoing redevelopment of EWR. Coordinating directly with program and project teams to ensure active TO and terminal stakeholder participation in all planning activities, and ensure continuity of terminal operations throughout construction periods.
- Participation in employee recognition and terminal related operational programs.
- Available 24-hours per day, 7-days per week to respond to work communications and to expeditiously report to the airport in response to emergencies, including, but not limited to, winter storms, security incidents, and terminal emergencies.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 10 years of experience in the negotiation and management of large, complex contracts with commercial, operating and financial responsibilities.
- Experience in developing service level agreements and managing large contracts with key performance indicators (KPIs) or performance standards.
- Performance and/or understanding of financial analysis as related to real estate transactions.
- Available to respond to airport emergencies on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis
- Favorable results for a Criminal History Records Check to obtain and/or maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) access. SIDA access and airfield driving and escort privileges also require SIDA training and successful completion of a SIDA test.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Real Estate, or a related field.
- Progressively responsible experience in the administration of contracts related to airport operations, maintenance, and concessions.
- Experience negotiating with airlines.
- Experience in airfield, terminal and/or landside operations.
- Knowledge of facility maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of airline operations, to include ticketing, baggage handling, gate scheduling, ramp/ground service, departure and arrival procedures and objectives.
- Knowledge of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Regulations 49 CFR Part 1542 and associated Security Directives as they pertain to airport terminal operations.
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority authorization policies and procedures relating to real estate.
- Knowledge of the Port Authority Tenant Construction and Alteration Process and requirements.
- Knowledge/experience managing long-term, complex projects to completion.
- Knowledge of Port Authority customer service programs and initiatives, and the ability to establish customer service goals for terminal operations and to develop performance measures to assess progress in achieving those goals.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with executive management within and outside the Port Authority, to include tenants, contractors, and vendors, and to effectively interact with the general public, elected officials and the media.
- Demonstrated experience working collectively with PA staff in the implementation of company goals and objectives.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.