This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the General Manager, New York Marine Terminals (NYMT), the selected candidate will be primarily responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations at NYMT. NYMT consists of maritime facilities located in Brooklyn and Staten Island, New York. The successful candidate must be able to respond to any NYMT facility for all emergencies including those that are weather related, and any other declared agency or facility emergency. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the daily activities of the facility operations ensuring that all activities are in line with the business and financial objectives. This includes coordinating between different terminals and ensuring the proper implementation of all operational processes;
- Provide operational input on operating major works contracts, new leases, redevelopment projects, Tenant Alterations Applications and facility construction;
- Supervise the property management of the marine terminal, making sure the facilities are well-maintained and compliant with local regulations;
- Directly supervise two (2) management staff; develop objectives, manage work schedules, direct the activities of personnel, provide regular feedback on performance, promote a healthy work environment, and ensure the wellbeing of staff.
- Develop and updates emergency communications and response plans, and respond to facility emergencies including weather, accidents, and security incidents;
- Ensure that excellent customer service is provided to Port customers, stakeholders and tenants through timely feedback, regular visits, and following up on open issues;
- Ensure compliance with the Marine Terminals Tariff FMC Schedule No. PA10 at all public berths and vacant space throughout the facility and participates in annual reviews of rules and regulations.
- Ensure that annual fire inspections are conducted at all facilities and findings are properly mitigated by the appropriate party.
- The Manager of Port Operations may be called upon to act on the General Manager’s behalf in their absence.
- Ensures compliance with Maritime security regulations and works with Port Security team on the administration of Security Guard services and programs.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Maritime Transportation, Logistics, Business, Public Administration or related field from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in a governmental or private business setting, with emphasis on managing operations and staffing issues
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security
- Selected candidate will be required to obtain Certification as a Facility Security Officer within three months of appointment to position
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Proven ability to supervise staff in a complex, dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operating policies and procedures, specifically those related to facility management and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects, manage time effectively and work independently.
- Demonstrated proven record of employing effective team building strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, understanding, and integrating customer service needs into day-to-day decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community and customer concerns.
- Ability to take independent action, be innovative and decisive.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to work with individuals at all levels, both from within and outside the organization.
- Ability to manage conflicts effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP, PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.