This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 61351
Department: Operations Services
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Under the Supervision of the Food Services Supervisor, the selected candidate will oversee and supervise the operation of the Port Authority facility cafeteria. The cafeterias are located at the George Washington Bridge, the Holland Tunnel, the Lincoln Tunnel and the Port Authority Technical Center. The primary function is to provide food services for Port Authority (PA) personnel, contractors and visitors.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
· Train and supervise food services personnel to provide a high level of customer service;
· Ensure established standards for cleanliness, food preparation, quality portioning, and presentation are maintained;
· Lead and assist food services personnel in the preparation of food;
· Prepare monthly menus utilizing existing stock while containing costs;
· Prepare and order bi-weekly food order;
· Oversee cashiering operations; ensure procedures to safeguard and deposit cash; maintain records of cash deposits and customer transactions;
· Oversee receipt of all merchandise; checks quantity, quality, and price; oversees the disposition or storage of products and merchandise;
· Conducts inventory of stock including food and equipment daily;
· Accounts for significant inventory variances and maintains adequate supplies;
· Provide for repair/servicing of capital equipment, such as furniture, ovens, refrigerators and freezers;
· Performs administrative functions, such as timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and financial report preparation, e.g., monthly food cost percentage reports and billing for special functions as needed;
· Provides catering services for special functions;
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
· High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution;
· Three years’ experience in food services with at least one year at the level of Second Cook or above;
· A valid driver’s license;
· Serv Safe Certification
· Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
· Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to interact effectively with internal staff and external professionals at all levels;
· Knowledge of sanitation codes, personal hygiene standards, food preparation, including garnishing and fruit arrangements;
· Experience in food production, food services management and catering;
· Supervisory experience.
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.