This job posting is no longer active.
Under the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel, Claims, the selected candidate will provide support to the Claims Unit who are responsible for handling claims in the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Manage the PATH Unit’s injury-on-duty medical treatment files to completion or until transfer to litigation. This includes review of reports to identify and open new claims, processing of medical bills, organize and expedite medical treatment costs and provider agreements.
- Review and process all settlement and verdict payment requests which includes retention and review of all Settlements Documents/Releases for compliance with Board disclosure and authority rules. Quarterly data analytics of claim losses and expenses including use of Excel, PowerPoint and more to prepare charts and diagrams for AGC use in reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to self-regulate time sensitive deadlines including timeframes for correct and timely payments pursuant to Court Rules and Contracts, updates of internal reports and other deadlines.
- Assist the Claims Unit in its system coding needs attendant to the new RIMS system which may involve data review and management to new system requirements. Project work to assist the Team in adapting to new technology.
- Prepare and oversee the processing of vendor payments using SAP.
- Answer and address any customer calls from the Claims Hotline when need arises.
- Various administrative and indexing work for the unit as need arises and for best file maintenance including some timekeeping for the Claims Unit.
- Attention to detail, ability to proofread and correct work quickly. Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment, with demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness in analyzing and resolving a wide-range of complex and novel matters.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a paralegal certification from an ABA approved program; or, in the alternative, at least five years’ experience in Claims handling/insurance.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Understanding of special requirements of governmental agencies and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment, with demonstrated flexibility and resourcefulness in analyzing and resolving a wide-range of complex and novel matters.
- Knowledge of case/matter management system/RIMS systems (Law Manager), document management system, PC applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Lexis-Nexis/Westlaw), PowerPoint, Excel and SAP.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.