This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a leader who has a career of demonstrated strong communication, strong airport & airline operations planning & execution skills, has a passion for excellence, and understands the value of people to lead the Newark Airport (EWR) Terminal B Operations team.
Reporting to Manager, Airport Operations, the selected candidate will manage Terminal B. This includes supervision of the day-to-day operations relating to the allocation of aircraft gates and check-in counters; operation and maintenance of terminal facilities, such as baggage belts, passenger boarding bridges, biometrics program, electronic signage equipment and the general maintenance and upkeep of the terminal. Specific duties the selected candidate will be responsible for include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall Terminal Ground Safety, Security & Regulatory Compliance communication.
- Develop and implement operational policies, plans, and procedures that maximize facility resources and deliver the highest levels of customer service. The incumbent will serve as the Terminal’s advocate & champion of World Class Service level expectations.
- Participate with senior management in the development and implementation of strategies to address long and short-term business goals.
- Participate as a member of the Terminal B Concessions Monthly Steering Committee (planning/optimization/Terminal events/customer service review)
- Is the primary liaison with the Port Authority’s Advertising team (i.e., coordination of Terminal programs)
- Provide input in the planning and development of capital and redevelopment programs for the terminal and oversee the coordination of construction activity within the terminal.
- Lead all efforts in coordination with internal and external terminal stakeholders (e.g., air carriers, service providers, Transportation Security Administration [TSA], U.S. Customs and Border Protection [CBP], Maintenance, Properties, Security, Engineering, Procurement, Law, and Audit) to provide a safe, efficient, and effective terminal operation while creating a positive customer experience.
- Manage represented and non-represented staff, prepare and administer the unit budget, and be responsible for securing resources and services required for unit and terminal operation.
- Required attendance to the semi-annual IATA Slot Conference to represent the facility in negotiations with FAA and international airlines. The purpose of this conference is to optimize facility utilization while at the same time providing realistic gate availability calculations to airline schedulers.
- Respond to the airport during airport emergencies, including weather related events, on a 24/7 basis to manage terminal operations and/or to act as EOC Manager as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least eight (8) years of work experience in aviation/airlines/airport, transportation, operations, or related business field; with at least five (5) years in people management capacity.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based, Criminal History Records Check (CHRC), mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and will be required to qualify for and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential with Airfield Non-Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders including air carriers, tenants, vendors, and third party contractors and public government agencies and officials.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to perform at their highest level. Skilled in Performance Management and the ability to develop both high potentials and work to achieve staff improvements when required.
- Thorough knowledge of Aviation operating policies and procedures, including those related to administrative procedures in the areas of administration, budgeting, human capital recruitment, procurement, and contract development/management.
- Demonstrated successful negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Prior experience, knowledge and strong understanding of airport and/or airline operations.
- Knowledge of TSA, FAA, and airline regulations
- Excellent, proven, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using computer software programs, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to develop contingency operational plans for airport/terminal services to mitigate the impact of construction and to achieve departmental business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing unionized/ represented staff members.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.