This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a leader with proven project management, financial management, data analytics, and relationship management skills who understands the commercial dynamics of airport ground transportation and ground transportation’s impact on the passenger and visitor experience at Port Authority airports.
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Strategies in the Aviation Department’s Properties and Commercial Development unit, the Manager, Ground Transportation will oversee ground transportation and Airport Access Fee programs as part of the unit’s Transportation Strategies, Business insights, and Sustainability team (TransBIS).
The Manager is responsible for commercial ground transportation project management associated with major ground transportation contract procurements and strategic initiatives, the development and oversight of commercial permits for ground transportation businesses (for-hire vehicles and related entities), oversight and financial analysis of multi-facility ground transportation contracts (taxi dispatch technology, taxi dispatch operations, shuttle bus), financial forecasting and analysis associated with Aviation ground transportation permit revenues, management of expenses associated with ground transportation multi-facility contracts, unit projects and activities, and development of ground transportation commercial opportunities.
- Manage Ground Transportation Senior Permit and Contract Coordinator, who is responsible for administration of all existing and new ground transportation privilege permits, contract administration, and other, related duties
- Manage and deliver current and future projects associated with ground transportation commercial priorities:
- Strategic initiatives aligned with Aviation Department and Port Authority Executive Director priorities, such as the Port Authority’s taxi virtual queue program
- Multi-facility ground transportation service contract and technology procurements
- Vision plan and development of Request for Proposal for industry-leading commercial vehicle management system to bring a world-class airport access system for Port Authority airports
- Produce short-term and long-range revenue forecasts for the Airport Access Fee program, financial reports, and analysis associated with ground transportation revenues and contract expenditures
- Develop business opportunities and policy with emerging ground transportation service operations
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and decision-makers, including ground transportation service providers, agency leadership, and state and local government agencies as necessary to progress initiatives associated with the agency’s airport redevelopment programs, anti-hustling efforts, and Access Fee program
- Track changes in the airport ground transportation industry through market research and provide briefings to Transportation Strategies staff and Aviation Chief Commercial Officer as appropriate
- Represent the unit to others at meetings, through presentations, and serve as a liaison to stakeholders, government agencies, and service providers
- Develop and implement a ground transportation strategic plan that optimizes revenues and develops innovative opportunities to improve the ground transportation experience for all users
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Planning, Transportation, Operations, Public Administration, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university
- At least five (5) years of work experience in an aviation, transportation, logistics, operations, or related business field
- Experience managing multi-phase projects with diverse stakeholder groups, which may include operations staff, community representatives, and executive leadership
- Experience producing revenue forecasts and expenditure budgets and communicating and presenting output to executive staff
- Knowledge of airport terminals and ground transportation operations
- Intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft Excel skills for financial reporting and analysis and critical analytical formulas and functions (e.g. Pivot Tables, data charts, data queries), and implementing quality assurance and controls to ensure data and output integrity are maintained to high standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Office 365 programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Planner, SharePoint, Teams, Forms
- Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Leadership and team-building capability, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to perform at their best
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and provide timely updates on progress and project challenges to executives
- Strong and effective written and oral communication skills
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business, Aviation, Planning, Transportation, or related field
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, or other data analytics platform
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Power Automate
- Thorough knowledge of procurement processes and experience in preparing, negotiating, and managing service contracts and programs
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures, including those related to contract administration, budgeting, and business planning
- Experience in delivering customer service and customer communication programs in any transportation-related environment, or equivalent consumer volume
- Knowledge of DHS, FAA, and airline regulations
- AAAE Certified Member
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.