Job ID: 61335
Department: Rail Transit
Location: Journal Square Transp. Center
PATH is looking for a Senior Engineer to join its team! Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Capital Project Management Division (CPMD), the selected candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering multiple projects that comprise an integral part of PATH’s capital program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the initiation, development, and implementation of multiple projects in support of PATH’s capital program. The selected candidate will assist the senior program manager in providing representation with Management & Budget Division (MBD), Project Management Office (PMO), Capital Planning Oversight Committee(CPOC), and Engineering on issues related to the capital plan as well as the development of strategies to support the success of program/project plans, change management, and the prioritization of projects as required. In addition, the candidate will work closely with other CPMD staff, division superintendents and their key staff, and the Engineering Department, in the prioritization, development, and delivery of PATH’s capital program. The selected candidate will work closely with PATH, Engineering, Law, Procurement, PMO, Capital Planning, and other key staff departments to resolve potential significant issues and ensure the successful delivery of projects on time and within budget. The selected candidate will prepare project documentation for CPOC and the Board to ensure that it is accurate and provides the proper level of information to facilitate all internal reviews and final approval. The selected candidate will draft performance measures and manage his/her projects to achieve goals, including timeliness, cost efficiency, and high quality, and draft various periodic PATH program status reports for senior staff so that they are up to date and contain the required key information.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related discipline, from an accredited college or university
· A minimum of three (3) years of progressively more responsible experience in engineering, project, and/or construction management
· Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods. Because of the nature of the work, this role cannot be performed from home.
· Candidate must be able to perform surveys, and oversee projects on construction sites and within tunnels. Must be capable of scaling ladders, traverse railroad tracks, etc. as required
· Must have a valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
· Demonstrated experience in engineering, project, and/or construction management including the maintenance of project plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility operations and security requirements into project plans;
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively utilize limited available resources to achieve complex goals;
· Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
· Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of project management strategies, processes, and procedures;
· Professional registration as an engineer or architect.
· PMP Certification
· Demonstrated knowledge of PATH mechanical and electrical systems
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.