This job posting is no longer active.
Under the direction of the Manager, Facility Planning & Projects the successful candidate will be responsible generally for the oversight of the fire protection/fire alarm systems at the facility. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain an up-to-date airport wide database of all periodic testing of fire alarm systems
- Maintain records of all Post Construction Inspections conducted by the QAD Division of engineering department at JFKIA and communicate with all airport tenants and PA staff responsible for PA systems, on a regular basis as to status of resolving any deficiencies noted therein. Provide regular status reports on mitigation of any deficiencies to Facility Management.
- Regular routine field inspections of all tenant LP Gas Storage and Mobile Refueling Areas for compliance with all applicable codes and Airport Rules and Regulations. Inspection of Ground Support Equipment fire extinguishers for compliance with applicable codes and regulations as to testing/servicing. Communicate all findings to tenants and maintain log of all inspections.
- Preparation/Maintenance of the Building 14 (also B141, B145) Fire Evacuation Brigade personnel list to be utilized during fire evacuation situations – communicate this list annually to Risk Management. Coordinate an annual / regular fire drills for Building 14.
- Review and issue as required all tenant requested burning/welding permits associated with tenant submitted Minor Works Applications.
- Review and provide comments as necessary for all Tenant Alteration Applications (TAA) and Minor Work Applications (MWA) submissions under the Tenant Construction Application Program (TCAP) related to Fire Alarm / Fire Protection systems in tenant facilities.
- Communicate on a regular basis with all tenants on their fire alarm systems status as reported from the Central Monitoring Station and follow-up as needed to assure any deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in an Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management.
- 3 – 5 years of progressively responsible experience in project management, engineering/architectural design, or construction management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Fire Protection Systems.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments in a timely and competent manner.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a Criminal History Records Check to obtain and/or maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) access.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating efforts, solving problems, and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed Professional Engineer / Architect in New York or New Jersey
- Demonstrated ability to use the various platforms of the Agency, including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, E-builder, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of PA policies and procedures relating to engineering and project management functions.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.