The Port Authority is seeking an experienced and skilled Network Operations Manager to lead and oversee our network infrastructure, ensuring its efficiency, reliability, and security. As a Network Operations Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing a team of network professionals, optimizing network performance, implementing best practices, and driving continuous improvement initiatives. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless network operations that support our organization's technological needs and business objectives.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of network engineers and technicians, providing mentorship, guidance, and performance feedback. Foster a collaborative and motivated work environment to promote teamwork and professional growth.
- Network Infrastructure Management: Oversee the design, deployment, and maintenance of the organization's network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and related components.
- Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Implement comprehensive network monitoring strategies to proactively identify and resolve network issues. Lead troubleshooting efforts to diagnose and rectify network outages, latency, and other performance-related problems.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure the organization's network security by implementing and enforcing best practices, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other security measures. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and compliance standards to ensure network security and data privacy.
- Capacity Planning: Monitor network traffic and usage patterns to forecast future network capacity needs. Collaborate with other teams to ensure the network infrastructure can support anticipated growth and changes.
- Vendor Management: Engage with network equipment vendors, service providers, and third-party partners to negotiate contracts, troubleshoot issues, and manage service level agreements (SLAs).
- Incident Response: Develop and maintain comprehensive incident response plans for network-related emergencies. Coordinate and lead the response efforts during critical incidents, working with internal teams and external partners as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date network documentation, including network diagrams, configurations, procedures, and policies. Ensure that team members have access to relevant documentation and resources.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities to optimize network performance, reliability, and efficiency. Implement process enhancements, automation, and emerging technologies to drive continuous improvement in network operations.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in network operations, with a track record of managing and leading network teams.
- Strong technical knowledge of networking protocols, topologies, and technologies, including but not limited to TCP/IP, VPNs, routing, switching, and firewalls.
- Experience with network monitoring and management tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide technical teams effectively.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field but not required.
- Cisco technical certification specific to networking, security, data center, voice, etc. Relevant industry certifications such as CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, or equivalent are a plus.
- In-depth understanding of network security principles and best practices.
- Specific experience with SolarWinds network monitoring and management tools.
- Experience with cloud networking and virtualization technologies is beneficial.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.