This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a one junior to mid-level Project Managers to manage projects comprising the LGA Redevelopment’s Ground Access Program. Reporting to the Program Manager or Senior Program Manager within the LGA Redevelopment Team, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Establishing and managing scope, schedule, and budge for all assigned projects, including the justification, planning approach
- Manage project planning, design, construction, and close-out efforts
- Orchestrate and manage the efforts of all staff departments
- Work closely with facility physical plant/operations staff and engineering staff
- Ensure that all required permits or agreements with outside entities are in place
- Ensure the timely completion of projects within scope, schedule, and budget
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups such as tenants, contractors, vendors, and stakeholders
- Participate in and/or conduct meetings
Note: Selected candidate will work on-site from LGA Airport. Flexible work arrangements are available.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in the design, evaluation, and/or management of complex infrastructure construction/rehabilitation of airports or other transportation project work
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Demonstrated experience with some capital projects that involve design and construction elements including the monitoring and reporting of cost forecasts against budgets and the management of project schedules
- Demonstrated experience in some project management, engineering design, architecture, and/or construction fields including establishment of project plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility operations and security requirements into project plans
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, estimating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and/or inspecting costs, work, and consultant/contractor performance
- Proficient in the use of software applications Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Certified Engineer in Training (EIT), Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey
- Experience working with outside agencies such as FAA, DOT’s and environmental agencies
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams
- Demonstrated customer service, decision-making, and problem solving
- Able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and to meet requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card credential with airfield Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.