This job posting is no longer active.
- Manage technology projects of various sizes, complexity and types (e.g., hardware infrastructure, application development, outsourced services) while providing day-to-day direction for support resources.
- Resolve outstanding IT issues for facility programs and systems, and assist in obtaining effective solutions to operational needs. Perform troubleshooting on existing systems and devices, and track the escalation and resolution of these issues through existing service providers.
- Map the architecture and topology of existing systems, conducting audits, inventories, and research as needed. Provide facility management with visual representations of system configurations as well as operational principals, capabilities and limitations.
- Coordinate all aspects of system implementation from requirements gathering, analysis and design, configuration and testing, through deployment and follow-on support of various systems applications.
- Manage a variety of contractors that provide professional, technical and advisory services, as well as an ongoing data collection program. The incumbent will also be responsible for reviewing and updating existing technology contracts, preparing new contracts, receiving and processing of invoices for contractor services, and maintaining a physical and digital record of all contract documentation.
- Support and manage the information technology and telecommunications needs of facility units, and act as liaison between the Port Department and TEC, Engineering, OEM, CSO, Procurement and contract vendor\staff and other external entities.
- Work with maintenance and operations units to identify, schedule, and coordinate repairs and upgrades to facility technology systems while minimizing or eliminating system down times, degradation, or functionality whenever possible.
- Work with internal and external stakeholder to support TEC’s Innovation Hub working groups and projects and the yearly interagency Transit Tech Lab Challenge; support Agency initiatives by serving on committees as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software purchases, obtain quotes from vendors, and manage all non-standard equipment to include maintaining an accurate inventory of all Port Authority owned technology assets.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in project, technology, or information management.
- Familiarity with Database Management Systems and SQL Servers, with experience in utilizing SQL to manage, organize, and extract information from databases.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to make concise presentations to a variety of audiences to support customer service programs.
- Experience in managing large and complex contracts, preferably greater than one million dollars in value and containing performance-based requirements.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with external stakeholders (e.g. vendors, consultants, and government or transportation agencies) to coordinate the advancement of major projects.
- Experience interfacing and negotiating with multiple stakeholders to build consensus and resolve conflicts.
- A valid Driver's License.Qualifications
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Working knowledge of port and/or facility operations.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community and customer concerns.
- High proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.