Occasional travel to Port Commerce facilities will be required.
The Port Department is seeking a Senior Engineer, Project Redevelopment to join their team! Reporting to the Program Manager, the responsibilities of the selected candidate will include, managing interdisciplinary projects, document preparation, production and presentation, managing sub-consultants, developing pre-stage 1 conceptual design, scope, budgets, and schedules.
Core responsibilities include:
- Developing general site/civil and interdisciplinary functional requirements and design criteria.
- Directing and coordinating interdisciplinary engineering activities with facility staff, tenants, government agencies, consultants, and private entities.
- Reviewing condition survey reports and developing preliminary cost estimates to address immediate, priority, and routine repairs.
- Developing and assessing planning alternatives consistent with business plan objectives and physical site constraints
- Researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations.
- Developing conceptual layouts leading up to Stage I design efforts.
- Supporting activities related to the acquisition of properties, including technical and environmental analyses, grading, drainage, roadway construction and repairs, condition surveys, appraisals, and cost estimates.
- Managing Capital Plan and Agency Major Maintenance projects.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, preferably in the Civil, or Geotechnical disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in planning and engineering design.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in engineering project management.
- Professional Engineer's License.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security.
Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Advanced degree in Engineering (Civil or Geotechnical disciplines).
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and design of port, commercial and/or industrial facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and engineering design on multiple projects of significant size, scope, and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to problems, resolve conflicts, and work effectively with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting consultants, staff and dealing with external parties on technical and operational matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and local codes, PA standards, transportation industry standards, and civil engineering standards for marine facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to take independent action and be innovative and decisive.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suite.
- Proficiency in the use of GIS spatial data collection, analysis, and visualization.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.