Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Infrastructure Planning and Development for TB&T’s Asset Management Division, the selected candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and reporting on TB&T’s Agency Major Maintenance Program (AMMP) with an annual budget of over $20 million. The selected candidate will also assist with developing, monitoring, and reporting on the department’s Capital Plan with an annual budget of over $500 million. AMMP covers projects, Service Engineering, and inspections. Within TB&T AMMP administration also extends to Facility Construction Support Division (FCSD) initiatives to support the inspection, repair and maintenance of buildings, bridges, tunnels and other infrastructure. The Capital Plan covers all state of good repair, system enhancement and mandatory projects.
The incumbent will
- Be the central coordinator between the division’s units and as well across stakeholder departments within the Agency, such as Engineering, Management and Budget (MBD), and the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Administer all aspects of TB&T’s AMMP portfolio, including working with TB&T units and facilities to identify needs; monitor studies; prepare an annual AMMP budget; and support the resolution of all AMMP issues relating to funding, contracts, or project management.
- Maintain the AMMP portfolio within the ENG AMMP Budget Management and Reporting system, including: working with staff to review/approve their Internal Order (IO) requests, funding requests, offset requests, and ensuring forecasts are up to date.
- Serve as the primary contact between the Infrastructure Planning and FCSD to coordinate budgeting and facility needs.
- Lead monthly data analysis and performance reporting responsibilities, such as monthly expenditures.
- Serve as the primary repository of information necessary for successful program administration, including: maintaining updated information on unmet needs requiring funding, prioritization and SGR scoring results; and use of offsets. Support TB&T’s Capital Program, including monthly data analysis & performance reporting on budget, forecasts, and schedules; monitoring TB&T’s various milestone metrics; and annual budget preparation.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- Knowledge of TB&T facilities and operations.
- A minimum of three to five year’s experience in program administration, budgeting, performance reporting, and coordinating across multiple disciplines.
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications profile:
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and analyze financial and technical issues and reports in order to prioritize projects involving multiple engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of the Engineering AMMP Budget Management and Reporting system
- Superior knowledge of data analysis software such as Excel
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and persuade others to follow.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, conflict management and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.