Senior Project Control Specialist
The Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a Senior Project Control Specialist to support the development and implementation of the Agency’s Capital plan. The position will be located at 4 World Trade Center. The position may require travel to other Port Authority facilities as needed. Reporting to and under the supervision of the Manager, Project Controls, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing project control support services to assist Project Managers, Program Managers and Program Directors in the efficient delivery of Capital projects included in the Agency’s 2017-2026 Capital plan. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively on joint and team projects within the office, these efforts will require coordination with the Agency’s various business and supporting departments.
- Maintain, manage and update projects schedules and cost forecast in Oracle Primavera P6 and the Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS) on a monthly basis or as needed in concert with the project management team;
- Maintain proper project and activity codes in the Primavera Systems;
- Review project status periodically and identify schedule/cost variance;
- Perform project/program/portfolio cost and schedule analysis;
- Prepare and present monthly capital performance reports to assist in preparation of executive level summary reports;
- Support the business department in Capital planning prioritization;
- Conduct analysis of the Capital plan spending and forecasting, evaluate and report on project progress and performance;
- Provide assistance to the project management team in obtaining standardized reports from agency-wide project control systems;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other project controls specialists; mentor and supervise junior project controls staff, as needed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A minimum of 5 years of project controls/management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, accounting, economic or business administration discipline from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the area of project controls;
- Hands-on knowledge of Primavera (Oracles Project Management Software).
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Thorough understanding of project control concepts, processes and procedures, including project cost control and reporting, project scheduling, project performance reporting, development of project work breakdown structures and reporting on project variances from approved plan;
- Knowledge of Port Authority software and reporting systems;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively, utilizing limited resources to achieve complex goals;
- Project controls experience on medium to large-scale projects in Aviation, Rail, Highways/Roadways, Bridges or Buildings and Utility industries;
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit analysis, planning and evaluation, and risk management protocols;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present findings to management and stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work effectively within groups and to complete assigned tasks independently;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Adobe Acrobat Pro;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from Project Management Institute is desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.