This job posting is no longer active.
OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL
Police Integrity Division
SENIOR FORENSIC AUDITOR (PIU)
Level: NRY 03
MRR $73,008 $94,919 $116,818
POSTING TYPE: External
Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Police Integrity Division, the Senior Forensic Auditor will support highly confidential and sensitive investigations relating to Port Authority Police personnel. The selected candidate will provide a variety of staff support and duties requiring general knowledge of functions supporting the Police Investigations Division (PID) including the Police Integrity Unit (PIU), Absence Control Unit (ACU) and the Civilian Complaint Investigations Unit (CCIU). Some of the responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Serve as intake officer for incoming complaint calls to the PID including but not limited to the Civilian Complaint Hotline
- Perform analyses on incidents reported to identify deficiencies
- Compile weekly activity reports for PID
- Research, collect, and analyze complex information from various sources for presentation to OIG Executive Team
- Participate in the development and implementation of operational and administrative programs in support of the Division
- Develop and perform quality control functions pertaining to PID, as well as the entire OIG
- Maintain electronic files on Officer allegations and determinations
- Record determinations resulting from Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) meetings
- Prepare correspondence regarding final determinations of CCRB reviews
- Prepare and upload case files for CCRB review
- Prepare statistical reports, presentations, briefings, trainings, charts, graphs, and trends as requested
- Support HR and Public Safety by performing background checks on candidates for training, promotion, transfers, and discipline
- Serve as point of contact for law enforcement or prosecutorial requests
- Assist Risk Management in obtaining Officer schedules for appointments
- Interface with Law Department reproducing case file material for hearings and arbitrations as needed
- Perform special assignments as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university desirable.
- Experience preparing comprehensive data interpretation, analysis and reporting findings and recommendations
- Experience evaluating data for efficiency and effectiveness
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to prepare professional emails, memos, and letters
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ethics and sound judgment
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment
- Prior Investigative experience
- Investigative, legal, journalistic and/or academic research experience
- Capable of managing a high-volume workload
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, and take direction
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.