This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking an experienced professional to build and lead our Talent Acquisition Operations function. As the Talent Acquisition Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to build an Operations function that enable our Recruiting team and the Port Authority’s businesses to develop and implement Talent Acquisition strategies that support the agency in building, managing and maintaining our world-class transportation infrastructure. Together, we hire and promote the workforce that keeps the region moving by air, land, rail and sea, so that the people and businesses of our region continue to thrive.
About Talent Acquisition: Talent Acquisition works in partnership with all departments to manage the selection of highly qualified staff; develops and implements highly innovative recruitment strategies to build bench strength; and promotes the Port Authority as a leader in the public sector. Filling over 1,000 positions with internal and external talent annually, the Talent Acquisition team has several areas of focus including operations and maintenance, technical and corporate roles, executive positions, as well as robust campus recruitment initiatives.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Talent Acquisition Operations Manager, reporting to the General Manager of Talent Acquisition, to oversee and streamline our talent acquisition processes and systems. This position and the Talent Acquisition Recruiting Manager work in partnership and serve as the primary leads for the division; both will represent the General Manager of Talent Acquisition on an as-needed basis. This is a new role for the Talent Acquisition team and the Manager’s initial focus will be to evaluate and organize our current operations into a function that enables the entire Talent Acquisition function to attract and hire highly qualified, diverse talent in a manner that is efficient, consistent and seamless. In this role, you will be responsible for managing end-to-end recruitment operations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Direct oversight and responsibility of a team of three Talent Acquisition Coordinators to start. Provide training, feedback, guidance and professional development.
- Define key success metrics and implement a reporting framework that enables the team, HR leadership and agency hiring managers to evaluate the effectiveness of our hiring performance and processes.
- Utilize analytics to enable strategic work-force planning and recruitment strategies.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of applicant tracking systems (ATS), recruitment marketing platforms, and other talent acquisition technologies.
- Continuously improve and streamline recruitment processes to enhance efficiencies as well as the candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Effectively drive ad hoc projects across the recruiting team—leverage quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions and recommendations.
- Support change management communications with appropriate internal partners, including process documentation, standard operating procedures toolkits, trainings, content, and resources.
- Analyze data to monitor the work of our Recruitment Process Outsourcing Partner and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within HR on initiatives and day-to-day operational issues.
- Develop a keen understanding of agency policies and practices (including union contract provisions) and establish recruiting processes that enable the team to remain in alignment with these standards.
- Oversee vendors (background, job boards, ATS, RPO) to understand utilization, best practices and future offerings.
- Lead new vendor evaluations, for both technology partners and recruiting resources.
- Collaborate with external vendors to ensure timely delivery of recruitment services, negotiate contracts, and manage budgets and relationships.
- Conduct regular audits and compliance checks to ensure adherence to legal and regulatory requirements related to recruitment practices.
- Stay current with the latest trends, best practices, and innovations in talent acquisition operations, ensuring the organization remains at the forefront of industry standards.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Talent Acquisition Operations or a related operations, data analytics, or project management role.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Creative, self-starter. Possess vision and grit to define and build a function from scratch.
- Strong analytical mindset, demonstrated ability to understand and utilize data to manage work and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated experience leading others, able to foster a positive work environment while also holding team members accountable.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principals, methodologies, and practices.
- Business process analysis skills.
- Superior project management skills, able to plan and execute projects.
- Proven experience in change management and driving new processes across an organization.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented problem solver, able to identify issues, track and follow-up and collaborate with others to achieve resolution.
- Proficiency in Jobvite and PeopleSoft or other ATS.
- Able to develop high-quality written communications to include training material and standard operating procedures.
- Willingness to serve as a “Working Manager,” can effectively move between day-to-day and strategy work.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately, exercise discretion as appropriate, and remain sensitive to individual situations.
- Knowledge of relevant legal and compliance requirements related to recruitment practices.
- Previous experience working in a public sector and/or unionized environment is highly preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.