Be a part of the dynamic and critical team that keeps the supply chains of the Port Authority moving!
The Port Authority's Procurement Department is looking for an Inventory Control Specialist
. Reporting to the Manager of the Inventory Control Group, the selected candidate will be responsible for the Supply Chain Management in the Port Authority’s Warehouse and Inventory Management Division. This includes the day-to-day flow of goods, planning, logistics and synchronizing supply with demand of assigned commodities.
The Supply Chain activities will include developing and maintaining detailed material master descriptions in SAP, sourcing, expediting deliveries and logistics. Using SAP, the candidate will be required to:
- Create and analyze statistical usage reports to develop new requirements contracts for material used to support facility maintenance and fleet operations.
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure timely delivery of goods, verify overall contract compliance, create change orders and review contract status throughout the life of contract.
- Obtain pricing of inventory material not on contract for possible placement of purchase orders or creation of new contract.
- The selected candidate must work closely with the warehouse supervisors, all levels of Port Authority maintenance and operations staff and visit all facility locations to review client’s material requirements and update MRP in SAP to achieve the Department's goal of a turnover ratio of 4 times a year.
The work hours for this position are 7:00am - 3:00pm. In addition, the selected candidate will be required to respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, during emergency / snow operations and will be required to assist in the warehouses cycle and 100% inventory count process.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Logistics Specialist, or its equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Inventory Management functions in SAP or other Inventory Management Systems.
- Will be required to respond to Emergencies 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge/experience with the Port Authority or government procurement process.
- Experience in contract administration.
- Knowledge of Inventory Control, program management, strategic sourcing procedures.
- Knowledge of warehousing operations and materials
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.