This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking an experienced professional to lead our Recruiting team. As the Recruiting Manager, you will have the opportunity to rally our Recruiters, and partner with the Port Authority’s businesses to develop Talent Acquisition strategies that support the agency in building, managing and maintaining our world-class transportation infrastructure. Together, we hire and promote the workforce that keeps the region moving by air, land, rail and sea, so that the people and businesses of our region continue to thrive.
About Talent Acquisition: Talent Acquisition works in partnership with all departments to manage the selection of highly qualified staff; develops and implements highly innovative recruitment strategies to build bench strength; and promotes the Port Authority as a leader in the public sector. Filling over 1,000 positions with internal and external talent annually, the Talent Acquisition team has several areas of focus including operations and maintenance, technical and corporate roles, executive positions, as well as robust campus recruitment initiatives.
About the Role: Reporting to the General Manager of Talent Acquisition, you’d be responsible for all day-to-day matters related to managing the Recruiting team. This position and the Talent Acquisition Operations Manager work in partnership and serve as the primary leads for the division; both will represent the General Manager of Talent Acquisition on an as-needed basis. Through leadership of the Recruiting team and collaboration with internal stakeholders (Assessment Services, HR Business Partners,) and departmental leadership, you’d play a key role in setting and implementing the agency’s recruiting strategy while developing a high performing team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Direct oversight and responsibility of a team of 7-10 Recruiters. Provide training, feedback, guidance and professional development.
- Meet with department leadership across the agency to understand short- and long-term hiring needs with a focus on recruiting talent for positions at all levels; field operations and maintenance (represented by several unions), early-career, mid-level management and executive.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies which encompasses internal mobility and external talent acquisition.
- Create and actively manage sourcing strategies that build pipelines for positions at all levels and in various functions across the agency, this includes communication strategies to keep potential candidates engaged.
- Serve as a champion of diversity and inclusion recruitment initiatives. Develop sourcing strategies and hiring practices that enable the agency to attract and hire diverse talent.
- Utilize metrics and reports to measure and manage the talent acquisition function; identify trends and opportunities for Talent Acquisition and our Hiring Managers to improve the recruiting process and ensure productivity of the team.
- Lead Marketing initiatives in collaboration with the agency’s marketing and social media teams to showcase the agency as a world-class, public-sector employer.
- Enhance the agency’s on-boarding program to ensure a positive and smooth introduction to the agency.
- Establish standards for the candidate experience, for both internal and external candidates. Weave those standards into communications and processes, manage issues with candidates and employees and monitor the team’s work to ensure we are providing a world-class experience.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within HR on initiatives and day to day issues that impede recruitment.
- Develop a keen understanding of agency policies and practices to ensure recruiting is in alignment with fair and equitable hiring and promotion practices.
- Oversee and guide compensation practices and ensure Recruiting team in managing to union contract provisions where applicable.
- Provide reporting and updates to HR leadership on all aspects of the Talent Acquisition function.
- Manage annual talent acquisition budgeting and contracting process with search firm partners.
- Accountable for the executive recruitment function and allocating team resources to effectively meet executive recruitment needs; serve as the recruiter for certain executive recruitments and other requisitions as needed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in corporate talent acquisition and recruitment; previous experience in an unionized environment is highly desired
- 1-2 years of experience managing others
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience in developing talent acquisition strategies including sourcing and building pipelines of candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and utilize data to manage work and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated experience leading others, preferably in a Talent Acquisition function. Able to foster a positive work environment while also holding team members accountable.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective presentations to varying audiences and to develop high-quality written communications.
- Able to quickly establish credibility at the senior management level.
- Superior project management skills, able to plan and execute independently.
- Ability to identify issues, track and follow-up and collaborate with others to achieve resolution.
- Willingness to serve as a “Working Manager,” can effectively move between day-to-day and strategy work.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information appropriately, exercise discretion as appropriate, and remain sensitive to individual situations.
- Previous experience working in a public sector and/or unionized environment is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Jobvite and PeopleSoft.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.