This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Chief of Science and Sustainable Construction, this role will encompass many of the Port Authority’s Clean Construction initiatives. As such, the prospective candidate should be knowledgeable with life cycle assessments, their stages, and boundaries; industry best practices in Clean Construction; and be able to determine next steps to reduce environmental impacts. This role will require educational outreach and demonstration of the Authority’s best practices to drive a reduction in emissions, avoid landfill waste, promote a circular economy, and to further establish the Port Authority as the national leader in Clean Construction.Qualifications:
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Environmental Science, or other Science related field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Clean Construction strategies.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze large sets of data sets using Excel, databases, Power-Bi, and statistical math functions.
- Understanding of embodied carbon concepts and emissions sources from construction.
- Comprehension of upstream material impacts for concrete, asphalt, structural steel, rebar, and other key construction materials as identified by the Authority.
- Demonstrate the ability to quantify embodied carbon of materials and set impacts against an LCA.
- Valid Driver’s License
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience managing a small staff of analysts to delegate tasks efficiently to meet required deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of “Buy-Clean” initiatives in Construction.
- Demonstrated expertise in embodied carbon quantification.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in projecting the impacts of embodied carbon reduction strategies.
- Graduate Degree, or on track to complete at graduate level degree in Engineering, Sustainability, or other related field from an accredited college or university.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.