This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the supervisor, TB&T Customer Experience, the Principal Customer Programs Coordinator will support the development and management of customer service programs for Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals, covering the six interstate bridges and tunnels, and two interstate bus terminals. TB&T’s customer experience programs aim to drive customer satisfaction through superior responsiveness and positive interactions. These programs entail all aspects of external and internal customer interactions, including customer programs, customer information and correspondence, internal communications, and customer reporting. These programs affect nearly 1 million motorists and bus riders on any single day, representing more than 230 million vehicles and 70 million bus riders each year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Customer Experience Programs: Support, and lead as appropriate, programs aimed to improve the customer experience at TB&T facilities, including but not limited to:
- New customer program development and implementation: Support and manage a variety of customer programs to enhance customer experiences at the Port Authority bridges, tunnels, and interstate bus terminals including budgeting, procurement, implementation planning and measurement of success for each program. Ensure programs are well integrated with other transportation agencies and operators to ensure a smooth and seamless trip for motorists and bus riders.
- Public outreach: Support TB&T’s public outreach programs at facilities and in local communities, including Customer Service Week, PABT Commuter Chat Program; work with PABT staff to develop surveys, coordinate survey administration and reporting of results to facility staff and TB&T leadership.
- Customer Surveys: Assist in the development, administration, and reporting of other surveys, as needed.
- Support the PANYNJ Toll Payer Advocate in creating cases, researching customer issues, and corresponding with customers through Salesforce
Customer Information and Correspondence: Contribute to an integrated program of customer information, through a partnership with facilities, project teams, and TB&T corporate functions.
- Customer Information: Manage TB&Ts external website content, mobile device applications, printed materials, targeted advertising, and media messages. Develop messages and delivery mechanisms that are responsive to incoming inquiries and customer needs, coordinating efforts and content for TB&T facilities and projects, with a focus on clear, proactive communication with customers, as well as influencing public opinion about projects and programs. Create, edit, and/or review content for customer communications and printed materials.
- Executive and departmental correspondence: Prepare responses to customers received from Executive Offices, elected officials, other agencies, customer inquiries, and referrals from TB&T contactors, such as the E-ZPass Customer Service Center. Ensure a high attention to detail to ensure that customer letters and emails are thoroughly researched, well written, customer sensitive, and address issues directly. Ensure that inquiries are responded to within specified time frames, with a goal of issue resolution on first contact.
- Monitor, engage, and respond to customer related inquiries on the department’s social media feeds.
- Prepare and issue alerts and advisories to notify customers of incidents, construction, or events regarding changes to operations, service disruptions, closures, and traffic conditions that may delay their trip via our terminals and crossings
- Performance Measurement and Data Analytics: Support a program of customer-oriented performance measurements that inform management decisions, departmental programs, resource allocations, and communications.
- Use information to drive customer programs that are defined based on an understanding of customer needs and desires.
- Support interfaces and development of the new Customer Experience Management system linking ongoing communications and research into customer satisfaction.
Internal Communications: Facilitate communication and coordination across TB&T through central management of all internal communications, including, but not limited to: management of TB&T’s eNet site, PA News articles, and TB&T education and information sharing initiatives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Digital Communications, Marketing, or Communications or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in customer service, communications, or other related business processes related to analyzing problems and providing solutions, including engagement with customers on various social media platforms.
- Good judgment and proven success in addressing customer concerns with sensitivity and care.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively work with internal employees and external customers from varied and diverse backgrounds.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to concisely convey critical information to a variety of audiences.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.