The Real Estate Department is responsible for driving transactions and advancing large-scale public-private real estate development projects for the Port Authority. The Real Estate Department also generates and executes key asset management strategies for high-profile Port Authority properties. We do this all through speed, collaboration, and creativity.
- Negotiate and structure the disposition of properties to private developers;
- Drive transactions from preliminary project ideation through underwriting and the request for proposals process to closing;
- Develop creative solutions and strategically structure public private partnerships to leverage the Port Authority’s real estate assets and create revenue for planned and future transportation initiatives;
- Partner with external public agencies, municipalities, and other stakeholders to effectuate long-term development, including initiatives that will maximize the value of the Port Authority’s real estate assets;
- Collaborate with internal departments including but not limited to the Office of Planning and Regional Development, Office of Financial Planning, Law Department, and Government and Community Relations as well as the business lines World Trade Center Operations, PATH, Port, and Tunnels, Bridges, and Terminals, Aviation;
- Propose creative solutions to executive leadership and socialize such solutions with internal partners to advance transactions quickly through gating issues or challenges and reach closing;
- Motivate and manage a team of staff with varying skill levels to execute on approved disposition, development, and asset management strategies.
- Manage junior staff in financial modeling and real estate valuation in order to diligence land value and proposed business terms;
- Mentor and support junior staff members in their professional development.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Urban Planning, or other related field;
- Superior leadership abilities acquired through demonstrated record of increasingly responsible positions;
- Significant transactional experience and demonstrated proficiency in commercial real estate, disposition, financial analysis, knowledge of real estate contract terms, as well as knowledge of environmental reviews, land use regulations, and planning.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Advanced degree;
- Demonstrated experience successfully directing real estate initiatives in a large-scale organization with respect to budgeting, financial controls, building consensus and collaboration among staff at all levels and with various stakeholders;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience valuing and transacting on various commercial real estate uses and asset classes, including office, retail, and mixed-use;
- Experience working with developers, senior leaders of municipal/state/federal economic development agencies;
- A proven track record in handling complex real estate transactions;
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop diverse staff;
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.