This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey are looking for Senior Stockkeepers
to join their team! Be a part of the dynamic and critical team that keeps the supply chains of the Port Authority moving. Come be a part of the dynamic and critical team that keeps the supply chains of the Port Authority moving.
As Senior Stockkeeper you will utilize your knowledge of material management and inventory control to supply and distribute critical material to the agencies vast network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities. Senior Stockkeepers are also vital to maintaining Port Authority warehouse operations during the agency response to emergencies and storm related events.
As a part of a bi-state agency, you will have the opportunity to work at various locations in New York and New Jersey in our five facility warehouses and additional emergency warehouses throughout the port district, interacting with field personnel in a variety of technical trades.
In this role, you will actively work to maintain efficient inventory records while also performing an assortment of physical roles throughout the warehouse. In this critical position you will hold multiple responsibilities throughout your shift including:
- Inspection of deliveries
- Transportation between facilities
- Stocking and relocation of material with various weights
- Order fulfillment to agency staff
- Physical inventory counts
- Vendor returns
- Expediting of priority requests
- Operate material handling equipment, onsite training provided
- Work at heights of 20 feet
Senior Stockkeepers work a 40-hour week, including rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, overtime as needed and 12-hour tours during inclement weather and emergencies.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Graduation from a four-year standard or vocational high school or possess a recognized equivalency certificate
- Minimum two-years paid full-time work experience in Commercial Warehousing, Supply Chain Management or Inventory Control – OR – completion of an accredited certification program in these fields can supplement for one-year paid full-time work experience
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to operate a forklift and power jack
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to work for prolonged periods of time walking and standing
- Ability to lift heavy material or equipment (i.e. 50-pound bags of cement, 10-foot steel pipes)
- Must be able to understand and adhere to all safety requirements• Working knowledge of SAP or other computerized inventory material management systems a plus
The Port Authority encourages current Military, Veterans, and spouses to apply for this fantastic opportunity and be a part of the dynamic and critical team that keeps the supply chains of the Port Authority moving.
If you were in the following Military Occupational Specialist (MOS) roles for a minimum of 2 years, we are looking for you!
- Supply Administration and Operations Specialists (MOS 3043)
- Aviation Supply Specialists (MOS 6672)
- Army Unit Supply Specialists (92Y MOS)
- Army Procurement Sergeant (76N MOS)
- Supply Management Specialty (AFSC 2S0X1)
- Logistics Specialists (LS)
Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in a 3-step interview process including:
- Written exam that will assess candidates’ knowledge in General Stockkeeping Methods and Procedures
- Successful candidates who qualify on the written exam will be invited to participate in a performance exam to assess abilities to satisfactorily fill customer requests within a given period of time.
- Candidates who qualify on the practical exam interview will then be eligible to be considered for participation in an oral interview to assess abilities in such areas as: Situational Judgment, Customer Service, and Oral Communication.
Only candidates who qualify on the written exam, oral interview and performance evaluation will be under further consideration. Selected applicants will be subject to a comprehensive background check.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and a professional work environment that supports development and recognizes achievement
The successful candidate will enjoy a starting Annual Salary of $49,348.00 (subject to collective bargaining agreement)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.