This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager for the PATH Asset Management System (PAMS) Division, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Support the Assistant Manager in leading projects and key initiatives related to PATH asset management and reliability program.
- Support the Assistant Manager in leading maintenance management improvement initiatives within all PATH operations and maintenance divisions.
- Support the Assistant Manager in serving as the key subject matter experts for the PATH Asset Management System (PAMS) system, including all areas related to the technology, implementation, training, and processes associated with PAMS.
- Provide accurate, reliable, and timely responses to data and information requests from other PATH divisions, related to PAMS system and asset management. Use this information for planning and reporting efforts, including but not limited to FTA Reporting (e.g., NTD, TAMP), third-party consultant requests and other inquiries.
- Develop the Asset Management Division’s yearly budget in coordination with client divisions.
- Manage the asset management and PAMS Governance Process ; specifically application configuration management, user access and privileges and change management. Issue change notices to PAMS end-users.
- Play a lead role in the induction and retirement of assets at the facility; working with Facility Maintenance staff and the Superintendents.
- Assist Director’s Office Staff with generation of reports and key performance indicators. Coordinate reporting across divisions for consistency.
- Review contract drawings & submittals to insure that all aspects of asset data are provided, are complete and in a format that can be uploaded into the PATH Enterprise Asset Management System (PAMS).
- Conduct and maintain accurate asset inventories and record the associated maintenance management routines. Oversee condition assessment surveys and record asset condition data in PAMS.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all Electrical, Power, Communications, Signals, Track, Maintenance of Way vehicles, Mechanical, Fare Control, Structural and Facility asset inspection, maintenance, test and condition assessment programs are implemented and documented in PAMS in conformance with applicable regulatory requirements, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices.
- Conduct training for PAMS end-users, including represented field staff utilizing kiosks and tablets. Develop and update training materials.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Information Technology or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three years’ hands on experience in maintenance management, project management, design, inspection and/or construction.
- Applicants must meet performance and absence standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain railway roadway worker protection qualification
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the PATH Asset Management System
- Understanding of PATH Asset Management Program, including a basic understanding of the interface, preventive and planned maintenance scheduling, work orders, assets, locations, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently utilizing limited available resources to achieve complex goals.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the life cycle of assets, from concept design to construction, maintenance, and decommissioning. Knowledge of PA Asset Management Classification reference and Construction Specification Institute’s classification system formats.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with engineering, maintenance, operations personnel, and facility tenants.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external staff. Knowledge of PC programs used for creating training and demonstrations from screen captures such as Snagit, Camtasia or Captivate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC programs and applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel. Knowledge of advanced features of Microsoft Excel such as Power Pivot, Power Query, etc.
- Knowledge of Port Authority/PATH operating policies and procedures, especially those related to administration and labor relations.
- Knowledge of rail transit industry maintenance management and infrastructure management processes and reporting systems. Knowledge of applicable Code of Federal Regulations maintenance and documentation requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising plant or facilities maintenance activities, facilities or systems engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects involving the planning, design, construction, building or maintenance trades.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, ArcGIS or equivalent software. Ability to read and comprehend plans, schematics and schedules.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.