The Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation (PATH) is looking for their next Superintendent, Track
to join their team! Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director/ General Superintendent the Superintendent will lead the PATH Track delivery team in the inspection and maintenance of track functional assets to standards and within budget of agreed resource levels.The Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation (PATH) is looking for their next Superintendent, Track to join their team! Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director/ General Superintendent the Superintendent will lead the PATH Track delivery team in the inspection and maintenance of track functional assets to standards and within budget of agreed resource levels.
The Superintendent will be responsible for a variety of administrative and managerial duties in the maintenance of rail systems and structures including oversight of staff including union agreements/negotiations, grievances, absence management, overtime, etc.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct the PATH Track delivery team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
- Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
- Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
- Identify and implement safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Manage the inspection and maintenance of assets to standards and functional asset management plans.
- Manage the prioritization of work and delivery to plan.
- Check that safety, assurance, compliance, performance and business processes are followed
- Identify and submit non compliances for approval and take appropriate action where required.
- Manage the process to handover and accept back assets being renewed, installed, or modified by projects.
- Restore to normal operation after completion of testing/investigation, equipment that has failed, been subject to an allegation or has been renewed as part of a maintenance delivered renewal program.
- Develop and agree annual maintenance, inspection and testing programs and resource levels.
- Develop and authorize quarterly work plans and resource levels.• Identify and propose asset renewals.
- Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
- Undertake investigations and report on accidents/incidents.
- Undertake an agreed program of safety tours, staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in increasingly responsible management roles in the design, engineering, construction, and/or maintenance of rail or other transit systems
- Demonstrated experience supervising and leading a team
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Railroad Administration regulations and industry standards.
- Thorough knowledge of railroad systems and operations, specifically in the areas of track and power rail.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience in rail maintenance management, processes and techniques
- Wide range and in-depth knowledge of various components of transit systems in order that decisions can be made regarding maintenance and program planning.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and codes.
- Experience in rail survey and design techniques
- Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Local Accident & Incident Investigation
- Thorough knowledge of business and financial analysis, cost/schedule estimating, project management, logistics, manpower management and current technology trends.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, effective motivational skills, and experience in successfully working with diverse employee groups and organizations.
- Demonstrated ability in problem and analysis resolution, and labor relations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with all levels of management staff, external contacts and agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to make prudent, independent decisions under unusual circumstances and pressures.
- Ability to establish liaisons with contractor representatives and maintenance equipment manufacturers.
- Assist in preparation of divisional budget estimates, investigates reasons for variances between actual performance and estimates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PATH Book of Rules.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
The Port Authority Trans Hudson Corporation (PATH), an FRA-regulated commuter railroad, is the primary transit link between Manhattan and New Jersey communities and suburban commuter railroads. Carrying over 75 million passengers per year, PATH trains run 24 hours a day, seven days a week, one of the few 24-hour systems in the world. Since the early 20th Century, PATH and its predecessor, the Hudson & Manhattan Railroad, have carried passengers between New Jersey and points in Midtown and Lower Manhattan, serving as a key link in the region's transportation network and as a catalyst for continued residential, commercial and employment growth.
PATH operates 24 hours per day/7 days per week/365 days per year. Employees are required to work weekends, holidays, atypical hours (evening and midnight shifts) and during inclement weather conditions. Incumbents may be subjected to mandatory overtime at the beginning or end of their scheduled tour, or on their days off. A union seniority system dictates work schedules for jobs represented by one of PATH’s unions, and time off may not be immediately available during the usual summer and holiday periods. Working conditions will be challenging, including but not limited to inclement weather, direct contact with the public, in tunnel and outside areas during active train service, and an industrial environment. Commitment to attendance is expected and required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.