This job posting is no longer active.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Properties & Commercial Development at LGA, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Timely prepares and coordinates the completion of all documentation for assigned permits and agreement consistent with PA Standards.
- Address and coordinate the resolution of all tenant issues, monitor and enforce the terms and conditions of all assigned agreements by a pre-determined date that meets the needs of the material stakeholder.
Implementation of Policies, Practices & Enforcement of Lease Provisions
- Remain current on existing Aviation Business Policies, Rules and Regulations, other departmental requirements and governance initiatives (Standards).
- Implement audit and monitoring procedures to verify assigned tenant/permittee compliance.
- Use standard form templates for term sheets and other permitting/leasing documentation consistent with guidance, raising questioning when application of standard form does not seem to be consistent with Authority objectives or Business Stakeholder needs.
- Maintain [quarterly/ annual] contact with tenants/permittees including visits to each leased site including discussions regarding business success/challenges.
- Maintain responsive communications with existing and prospective Business Stakeholders, with notes and documentation regarding contacts, and maintains a tickler system for follow-up.
- Take comprehensive notes during all meetings and calls in which participates, sharing for consolidation.
- Escalates non-routine issues to supervisor as they arise in order proactively address consistent with policy guidelines and Authority objectives.
Preservation and Promotion of Revenues
- Prepare summary of key financial and business terms for each lease and space permit for ease of reference and for use as market comparables.
- Review accounts receivables on a monthly basis and follows-up with any assigned tenant/permit not current in their payments.
- Perform market analysis and makes financial terms recommendations taking into account all relevant factors consistent with guidelines.
- Prepare monthly analysis of upcoming lease/permit renewals within the next 12 months and develops action plan for timely completion prior to expiration to ensure ongoing.
- Assist on white papers for proposed financial/business terms for non-standards transactions and for financial/business issues covering the Authority’s financial/business objectives and the implications for the Business Stakeholder.
- Maintain ongoing inventory of outstanding matters and issues including: inquiries, permits, leases, supplements, consents, condition audits, and other lease compliance matters with a defined strategy with timeline to close for open matters.
- Manage all permit/lease opportunities and supplements /consents pursuant to task lists and checklists within designated time frames. Escalating alerts when process is not moving forward within the targeted time frames.
- Maintain chronology of events.
- Approach all tasks with a results-driven, attitude, working across the properties team to proactively anticipate issues, understand other party’s perspectives, seek out best business practices and best airport management practices, develop creative solutions, and employ a polite but persistent push to closure across the Department and the Authority and with the Business Stakeholder.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in available technology tools and systems, participating in available training and sharing tips with fellow property reps.
- Develop personal career development plans, sets annual learning goals and participates in training for enhancement of relevant skill sets.
- Participates in cross-airports best practices forums.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- In Lieu of a degree, 7 years of experience in Aviation, transportation, or similar experience.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting property lease agreements, contract or lease language negotiation for new opportunities or renewals.
- Experience with prioritizing deliverables within a tight time frame from beginning to end.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542 and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential with Non- Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges. SIDA access and airfield driving, and escort.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce or familiar with similar systems in collecting, interpreting, and presenting data for Lease management or Revenue management
- Any experience in financial budgeting that can include revenue forecasting, lease accounting, contract auditing or financial benchmarking
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures.
- Experience with air terminals, and airport facilities.
- Experience using project management techniques for managing projects through completion.
- Experience creating and interpreting Microsoft Excel reports which includes using pivot tables and formulas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.