This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to/under the supervision of the Program Manager, Tenant Construction and Alteration Process (TCAP), the selected candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Ensuring all tenant leasehold modifications are performed consistent with the established Tenant Construction and Alteration Process (TCAP) and Tenant Construction Review Manual (TCRM).
- Serving as the initial point of contact for a Tenant contemplating any construction, alteration, or maintenance work on or within their leased premises or space at a PA facility; ensuring a Tenant receives all available leasehold and facility information; providing orientation to all new tenants; maintaining a schedule of activity and tracking status of all Tenant Alteration or Minor Works Applications.
- Maintain integrity of Tenant Construction and Alteration Process (TCAP) and delivery projects within the Metrics setup by the Central TCAP office.
- Review Drawings and Supporting Documents to check for completion.
- Transmit Electronic Drawings through E-Builder and SharePoint.
- Prepare Transmittals.
- Record comments in an excel spread sheet or memo.
- Demonstrates proficiency responding to and dealing with time sensitive jobs.
- Package/ Archive Drawings and supporting documents.
- Prepare Correspondence.
- Drafting Reports.
- Assist the TCAP Program Manager.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- Act as a TCAP Program Manager in their absence.
- Customer Service.
- Track response times for submission.
- Track all pertinent information regarding TAA, including but not limited to, chairing project kickoff meeting with Tenant and their Architect / Engineer of Record, facilitating meeting between Quality Assurance Design Standards Unit and Tenant A/EOR to resolve Rider comments, follow up both internal and externally with appropriate parties to assure that next step items are meeting deadlines.
- Working closely with EWR Resident Engineer’s Office (REO) staff to assure that TAA get Final Permit of Occupancy or Use.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position: -
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related from a professional institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the construction management, project management, design, and/or inspection.
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently utilizing limited available resources to achieve complex goals.
- Experience reviewing construction contracts (contract administration and the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating and managing projects and resources.)
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to deal effectively with managerial staff, Architect/ Engineer of record, tenants and external consultants & contractors.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of NJ Building Code requirements, construction standards, Tenant Construction Review Manual, Tenant Alteration Manual and other applicable Engineering Design codes.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, E-builder and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently, assume leadership and make decisions.
- Experience and/or education across several disciplines such as airport planning, airport operations, transportation planning, project management and properties.
- Demonstrates experience working in high stress environments.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.