TITLE: Security Analyst, Security Performance & Program Management
LEVEL: Band 3
DEPARTMENT: Chief Security Office
DIVISION: Resource Management & Planning
LOCATION: Port Authority Technical Center
Post Date: 3/13/2023
This position is located at the Port Authority Technical Center in Jersey City, NJ.
The selected candidate will be required to undergo a background investigation conducted by the Port Authority Police Department (PAPD)
Reporting to the Manager of Security Performance and Program Management in the Resource Management & Planning (RMP) Department of the Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO), the successful candidate will be responsible for records management, criminal records sealing/expungement, contract management, and departmental documents.
The Security Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Manage the PAPD’s Public Records Access Program and Records Management Program which includes working with internal and external agency stakeholders on coordinating the collection, review, and release of records and proper records retention, storage, and/or destruction of records.
- Serve as a Departmental Information Security Officer (DISO). Tasks include conducting audits to ensure that confidential documents are properly secured and assist staff in the classification of documents.
- Manage sealing and expungement of criminal records that includes working with PAPD commands and NY and NJ court systems.
- Supervise staff that process records storage and retention requests for CSO departments and sealing/expungements of criminal records for PAPD, supply ordering, warehouse purchases, and invoice processing.
- Liaison with system administrators and civilian staff using Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and Records Management systems.
- Selected candidate will assist with drafting, interpreting, reviewing, and circulating authorization documents (By-Law MA, MJ, PRMJ, Board Items).
- Maintain and prepare reports and documentation for internal and external review, including but not limited to Business Plans, Briefing Books, dashboards, presentations, websites, etc.
- Supervise contract administration including tracking and handling contract options, renewals, extensions, and service level agreements while ensuring contract compliance with Port Authority’s policies, procedures and MWBE Program goals.
- Monitor financial aspects of contracts, such as expenditures and accruals adhering to related timelines.
- Develop specifications, evaluation criteria, and guide CSO departments in preparation of requisitions and purchase orders.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from senior management.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Security or Emergency Management, Communication, Public Policy or business-related field
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with increasing responsibility managing contracts, administrative or other business processes.
- Demonstrated exceptional teamwork, interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability developing successful strategies to achieve broad program and business goals and understanding the impacts on various key stakeholders both within and outside the Port Authority as well as how they interact.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of project dynamics, project management skills, and a desire to work on developing a variety of professional, technical and services contracts.
- Demonstrated oral and presentation skills as well as exceptional writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the Port Authority’s MWBE initiative and an understanding of the MWBE requirements for contract awards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (SharePoint, Excel, Lists, Forms, Power Automate, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Police Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and RMS (Records Management System), SAP, Vendor Input Management (VIM) System, and B2G
How To Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button. You will be guided through a step-by-step process for submitting your resume and application. Additional instructions and FAQs regarding applying through Self Service are available at the Career Opportunities page in eNet.
We encourage you to revise or update your resume, if necessary, to include your current work experience and all experiences that address the position requirements.
Please note that the competency models and a guide entitled "How to Prepare for a Competency Interview" are available on the HRD page of eNet, under Career Opportunities. Candidates who do not have access to eNet should contact their HR Specialist to obtain a hard copy of these materials.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.