Work Hours are from 10:00am – 6:00pm weekdays
Under direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the selected candidate will be fully responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the Unit, and in particular the PM rush. In addition, the selected candidate will be part of the Bus Terminal’s management team dedicated to improving all aspects of the facility.
- Managing performance of all Operations staff.
- Ensuring the PM rush operates smoothly.
- Ensuring customer communications are prioritized.
- Administrating labor agreements and participating in grievance and disciplinary hearings for a diverse operations staff.
- Supervision and administration of a large and diverse workforce including, absence control, discipline, motivation and problem resolution, and employee recognition.
- Coordinating operational improvements and technological systems with a wide range of staff in conjunction with Bus Carriers.
- Reviewing construction proposals and projects to minimize traffic impact and identify issues/alternatives.
- Developing and managing the unit’s budget and coordinating activities to support the Departments Business Plan.
- Identifying problems and developing solutions for issues that impact the unit.
- handling multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Will be responsible for responding to all facility emergencies and during weather or other special events.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for the position:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years’ work experience specifically in managing, leading, and developing diverse staff in a field environment, including experience supervising professional operations staff and a proven record of employing effective team building.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience in developing, evaluating, and improving operational performance measures, traffic management and security systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize assignments including direct involvement during emergency response situations.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, understanding, and integrating customer service needs into day-to-day decision-making.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches, which are sensitive to organizational, security, community, and customer concerns.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills interacting with all levels of Port Authority staff, as well as significant experience interacting with community officials and members of outside government and transportation agencies.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with demonstrated experience in presenting materials to senior staff.
- Knowledge of Port Authority operating policies and procedures including those related to budgeting, staffing, operations and contract administration, Memoranda of Justification, Memoranda of Agreement, cash management, revenue control and toll collection systems, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.