The Port Department is seeking a Manager, Port Financial Services to join their Business Solutions unit. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Business Solutions, the selected candidate will:
- Manage division staff and responsible for staff performance and development.
- Provide financial and business counsel to Port Department senior staff on varying range of finance-related issues including budgets, monthly financial performance, PA financial department issues, impacts of business transactions, historical Port issues, etc.
- Act as Port staff liaison with agency finance departments on accounting and finance-related issues.
- Oversee and participate in delivery of accurate and comprehensive annual operating revenue and expense budgets and long-range forecasts, including quarterly updates and optimistic/pessimistic scenarios.
- Oversee and participate in preparation of accurate and timely financial analyses for Port tenant negotiations and/or board actions, and authorization documents.
- Monthly and quarterly Financial Variance Reporting and Presentations to CFO.
- Present Port monthly results in MBD Overtime Steering Committee Meeting.
- Participate in development of Port Strategic Plan and 5-Year Strategic Initiatives.
- Participate in Port/Agency task forces and RFP committees.
- As Port Department Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Champion, work with Port and OD&I staff to develop a roadmap for Port Department to achieve agency supplier diversity annual targets .
- Co-chair Port Department’s Diversity & Inclusion Compliance Committee Meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in finance and contract administration and administrative policies and procedures.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Demonstrated experience in making recommendations on the adequacy of financial controls and business processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in the budget process, budget development and controls.
- Knowledge of the Port Authority Marine Terminal Tariff.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with other divisions and other departments, such as MBD, Comptrollers, Treasury, Audit, and Procurement.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising work of administrative staff.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of business-Support processes and systems to improve overall coordination, communication, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures especially those related to administrative, financial and contract administration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and experience utilizing S-AP, Budget Pro, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and knowledge of FIRST and Sensus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.