The Port Department is seeking a Principal Financial Analyst to join their team. Reporting to the Supervising Financial Analyst the responsibilities of the selected candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and monitoring the department’s annual revenue budget.
- Preparing and updating the Long-Range Revenue Forecast submission.
- Collaborating with staff in the formulation of projections for all segments of port revenue including tenant leases, space permits, utilities, dockage and wharfage, construction reimbursements and miscellaneous.
- Consolidated revenue forecasts into BudgetPro template.
- Preparing confidential and time sensitive financial and economic analyses.
- Preparing financial analyses for department Agenda Items and grant applications.
- Monitoring and reporting on budget variances.
- Managing all facets of the Bi-State Dredging Program.
- Reviewing authorization documents to ensure the use of appropriate account codes and compliance with all PA accounting and financial requirements.
- Preparing and monitoring preparation of monthly revenue and expense accruals.
- Providing input into departmental strategic and business planning initiatives.
- Represent Finance Unit in departmental and/or agency project teams upon request.
- Preparing ad hoc financial schedules and analyses upon request.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with increased responsibility in accounting or finance at time of appointment to position.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by Department of Homeland Security.
Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- General knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures related to the development and submission of Strategic and Department Business Plans.
- General knowledge of policies and procedures related to the Board Process, Operating Budget, and the authorization process (Agenda Items, MJs and MAs).
- Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated experience working with complex spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Port Authority accounting, budgeting, financial and business planning policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills required to manage comprehensive analytical projects, and proven ability to set specific timelines and deliverables to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with Port Authority staff at all levels, as well as outside agencies and industry representatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the navigation and generation of financial reports in SAP.
- Demonstrated experience with computer software programs, particularly the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Power BI PowerPoint) and Port Authority database systems (SAP is a must with BudgetPro being highly desirable).
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.