Reporting to the Operations Manager, Port Jersey Marine Terminals, this position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day oversight, supervision and compliance of the maintenance service contractor, high-tension operator and subcontractors required to perform maintenance and repair. Review and approve time and material (T&M) tickets and invoices for payment, prepare scope and issue work orders as necessary to maintain infrastructure in a safe condition.
- Oversight of electrical distribution system located at the site.
- Reviewing drawings and plans for construction projects and coordinating utility projects at the property
- Oversee the analysis, planning and design of new and/or expanded marine facilities; manages and coordinates project activities with facility, tenants and PA staff, utility companies, railroads, consultants and other entities and governmental agencies
- Ensure that projects are progressing within scope, remain on schedule and within budget
- Resolve conflicts that impede work activities from advancing
- Coordinate the integration of planned capital improvements with the requirements of commercial lease agreements.
- Management of critical assets by delivering a high level of asset performance that includes availability, customer satisfaction, operational efficiency, regulatory compliance, energy efficiency, and reliability at the most effective level of investment. Coordinate onsite maintenance contractor.
- Develop functional and operational requirements for projects to be implemented at Port Jersey
- Work closely with tenants and marine terminal operators, utility companies and consultants in setting the agenda for planning and development of their construction programs to assure their viability and consistency with facility goals.
- Evaluate the condition of critical assets based on regulatory compliance, performance, inspection results, risk and cost of unavailability, alternative uses of resources, energy efficiency, sustainability, etc.
- Develop, implement and monitor a facility inspection plan to ensure compliance with codes, standards, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. A concentration in Civil or Structural Engineering is preferable.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in project management and construction, preferably in the marine construction industry or at least working knowledge of marine industry and marine terminal operations.
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications profile:
- Knowledge of government and environmental regulations and processes involved in construction.
- Ability to manage diverse functional staff comprised of professional, technical and trade personnel.
- Strong negotiating, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prepare and manage/administer maintenance and other service contracts.
- Ability to function under heavy pressure of deadlines and workload peaks.
- Knowledge of civil, structural, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineering practices.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.