The TEC Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to ensure successful delivery of high-priority Cyber Security projects and programs across all Port Authority Line Departments.
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Senior Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Applying superior project management skills in the planning and delivery of Cyber programs
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of project/program delivery, including the development of quality Project Management Plans, analyzing project risk and complexity, project/program reporting and development of corrective plans
- Providing recognition and impetus for program performance measures including cost and schedule while managing scope and maintaining quality standards
- Planning and leading the preparation of highest quality project artifacts and other related documents including necessary support materials and presentations
- Ensuring improved level of service, quality, and increased customer satisfaction through oversight of project implementation including assurance of collaborative coordination among all stakeholders and mitigation of facility operational impacts and foster conclusive conflict resolution in all stages
- Ensuring that all project related information is current and accurate and provide high-level briefing on project/program status to senior executive management
- Leading, developing, and motivating staff ensuring that the highest level of staff capabilities align with the best industry project management practices
- Representing TEC/Cybersecurity in cross-departmental teams focused on key Cyber projects
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Electronic Media, Communications, or other relevant subject matter
- Minimum of seven years progressively responsible senior level project and program management experience in concurrent complex technology projects, including knowledge of Operational Technology, technology integration and procurement, at time of appointment to the position
- Experienced in simultaneously managing multiple, complex enterprise level technology projects
- Knowledge of project management scheduling cost control and scope/code compliance review procedures, along with knowledge of multi-discipline technology principles
- Experience having developed program and project strategies to achieve business goals and to understand their impact on various internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to create dashboards and other instruments used to present project metrics to various stakeholders
- Experience managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal/external stakeholders and/or Regulatory Agencies
- Experience working within a public sector technology organization
- A minimum of five years’ experience creating and managing project plans in Microsoft Project at an expert level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to all Port Authority facilities as needed
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- An advanced degree with course work in management
- Any experience working with cybersecurity concepts, security tools, or any other cyber project management deliverables
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or other Project Management Certification
- Demonstrated superior customer service, decision-making, problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.