TITLE:Manager, Aviation Customer Experience
DEPARTMENT:Aviation / Aviation Customer Experience
Reporting to the Chief Customer Experience Officer, the Manager, Aviation Customer Experience will lead the development and management of programs and initiatives aimed at driving a world-class customer experience throughout the Port Authority’s airport system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Experience Strategic Plan: Lead a customer experience strategy and high priority initiatives aimed at driving a world-class customer experience at our airports. Lead internal and external partners in developing project plans, establishing milestones, and managing project deliverables and schedules. Present and communicate information and project status to executive-level staff and a diverse array of internal and external audiences.
- Customer Service Programs & Standards: Develop and oversee multi-facility contracts for Airport Customer Experience Specialist staffing (ACES), mystery shopping, and benchmarking surveys. Ensure compliance by airport partners with all applicable standards and service level agreements in partnership with Properties and Commercial Development. Lead the Service Excellence Action Plan program to ensure compliance through airport partners’ achievements of established performance metrics.
- Communications / Change Management: Develop and lead a program of change to engage and educate terminal operators, airport service providers and vendor airport employees on behavioral and customer experience expectations.
- Performance Measurement & Market Research: Oversee a program of customer-orientated market research, surveys, and performance measurements that inform management decisions, customer service programs, resource allocations, and customer communications. Use information to drive programs aligned with customer feedback, industry best practices, and our customer experience strategy.
- Customer Feedback Channels: Social Media reporting & SOP coordination, Salesforce management and assignment of cases; updating 5 websites, liaise with the Technology Department on functionality needs and configuration updates for real-time feeds.
- Budget & Contract Management: Manage the Customer Experience unit’s multi-million dollar budget, including multiple large multi-facility contracts, including Airport Customer Experience Specialist staffing (ACES), airport welcome centers, Mamava nursing pods, Medallia (survey and customer data), ACI, Field Survey Contract, mystery shopping, facility inspections, and program management support.
- Airport Employee Engagement & Courtesy Programs: Lead coordinated programs and projects aimed at improving courtesy at PA airports through engagement with the tens of thousands of employees working for all airport partners. Deliver comprehensive training and reward / recognition programs, and targeted plans to improve employee courtesy to improve the customer experience.
- Airport Customer Experience Delivery: Coordinate with the Aviation CX Service Delivery team and airports to support execution of CX programs and achievement of CX performance results.
- Title VI & ADA Compliance: Lead the coordination of activities and initiatives designed to maintain Aviation’s compliance with federal regulations contained in the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 working collaboratively with airport partners and staff. Ensure airport partners are complying with Wayfinding and Signing standards.
- Leadership: Lead Customer Experience staff and cross-functional teams to drive the customer experience and a customer-centric culture. Manage staff performance and development activities to maximize productivity and engagement in support of Aviation customer experience goals and initiatives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited program in a related field with a minimal of 7 years' experience listed below
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing functions or leading projects related to customer experience, operations, marketing/communications, project management, or other related business areas
- Experience interpreting and analyzing data to identify insights and drive performance results
- Demonstrated record driving measurable results in projects to improve performance
- Experience delivering strategic presentations and communications to a variety of audiences to support programs related to driving customer experience or other related operational priorities.
- Ability to travel to all airport facilities (as needed)
- Ability to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check as mandated by 49 CFR 1542 and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Any experience with data management tools (ex. Medallia, PowerBI, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and motivate diverse teams to achieve high performance toward common goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches that are sensitive to organizational, community, and customer concerns
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and integrate customer service needs into day-to-day decision making and projects
- Strong project management skills, including developing, implementing and managing project plans, deliverables and schedules
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.