Reporting to the Manager, Operations and Security of New York Stewart International Airport (SWF) the Principal Business Manager is a key member of the airport’s leadership team and will be responsible for a broad range of areas. These include, but are not limited to:
Budget and Contract Management
- Assist in the preparation and monitor performance of annual budget for SWF in alignment with operational priorities and contract authorizations.
- Manage contracts related to the operations and maintenance of the airport.
- Ensure timely invoice review and payment in alignment with contract guidelines and scope of work.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly operating results for SWF with variance explanations and yearend estimates.
- Lead customer experience initiatives aimed at driving world-class customer experience at SWF.
- Facilitate the communication and awareness of the Agency’s Airport Customer Experience Performance Standards Manual to the airport community.
- Manage variety of communication channels to ensure timely and accurate communication of information to customers and airport employees, including seeking feedback on customer service improvements.
- Manage contract for and schedules of the Airport Customer Experience Specialists (ACES) at SWF.
- Oversee the WE SOAR Rewards and Recognition and Mystery Shop programs at SWF.
- Respond in an accurate and timely manner to inquires submitted to SWF through its website.
- Work with Aviation Headquarters staff to coordinate activities and initiatives designed to maintain Aviation’s compliance with federal regulations contained in the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Coordinate with airport partners, as required, to ensure compliance with ADA and Title VI.
- Provide guidance on HR policies and procedures, including assisting with managing HR functions including personnel transactions, employee performance, training, tuition assistance and absence management.
- Manage contractor access to Port Authority networks, including ensuring contract staff are incompliance with agency guidelines and mandatory trainings.
- Maintain the facility’s business continuity information.
- Oversee other administrative functions, including office equipment, stockroom requests, property disposition and corporate/individual memberships.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to Public Records Access (PRA) requests.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business Management, Finance, Public Administration or related discipline from an accredited college or university and at least two (2) years of experience in managing business programs.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of five (five) years increasingly responsible experience managing administrative or other business programs.
- Available for project outside normal business hours when needed.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542 and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential with Non- Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges. SIDA access and airfield driving, and escort privileges require SIDA and airfield driver training and successful completion of a SIDA test.
DesiredIdeal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated knowledge of large organization business programs, administrative policies and procedures.
- Experience in managing and monitoring budgets and/or contracts.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and answering Customer Experienced correspondence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of any government agency administrative policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Customer Experience process improvement measures.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, Peoplesoft, BudgetPro , Salesforce and/or Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. Experience with SAP, Salesforce or familiar with similar systems in collecting, interpreting, and presenting data for Lease management or Revenue management
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information responsibly and with discretion, and to handle and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, prioritize multiple concurrent assignments within strict deadlines and work under pressure – in both an individual and team setting.
- Excellent written and communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, as well as exhibit a professional demeanor and confidence.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop and employ problem-solving approaches.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.