This job posting is no longer active.
Description The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is a bi-state public agency operating some of the busiest and most important transportation links in the New York/New Jersey region.
Port Authority architects work on a wide range of projects within the general context of transportation and infrastructure. The airports, ferries, tunnels, bridges, and bus and rail terminals form important transportation links in the region. Whether working on a major public project such as an airport terminal rehabilitation, or a support structure such as a firefighting facility, the in-house architectural team is committed to quality and efficiency to serve the design needs of the agency. The architectural unit is part of a multi-discipline group of engineers and other design professionals that form the Engineering Department of the agency.
The Port Authority is seeking to fill a position of Architect in the Engineering Department’s Design Division. As an Architect, working under the supervision of a Principal Architect, and part of a project team.
You will be responsible for performing duties related to planning (Pre-Stage I), preliminary design (Stage I), design development (Stage II), contract documents (Stage III), shop drawing review and post award design changes (Stage IV), building code review and cost estimating. Assignments will include supervision and production of design tasks related to architectural deliverables, coordination with supervisors and other team members, coordination with other engineering disciplines, and interface with consultants as required. You will receive technical guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval of proposed project plans. Depending on the assignment, you may manage design consultants and perform technical audits. You may act as Project Architect on numerous assignments.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an architectural program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Boards (NAAB).
• Two (2) -Eight (8) years’ experience in all phases of design
• Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
• A professional five-year or masters’ degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
• An architectural license in either the states of New York or New Jersey
• An interest in attaining licensure
• Demonstrated problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and function in a team environment.
• Superior oral communication, written communication and presentation skills are required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and the AutoCAD Architectural Desktop in its most recent release.
• Knowledge of Revit in its most recent release is highly desirable.
• Experience in Sketch-Up, Rhino, and other graphic software is highly desirable
• Familiarity with sustainable design issues and LEED is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.