Job ID: 60586
Department: Human Resources
Location: 4 World Trade Center
The Talent Management Specialist is an integral member of Port Authority’s Talent Strategies & Engagement team, reporting to the Senior Talent Management Executive. The Talent Management Specialist coordinates the implementation and day-to-day oversight of talent management programs, processes, and employee support tools effectiveness by applying substantiated large and complex project management and change management principles by using qualitative and data analytics to evaluate program and process effectiveness and creating visually compelling and collaborative communications and enablement solutions. Primary Talent Management Program areas of focus include Performance Management, Career Development, Talent Review, and Succession Planning.
• Responsible for the administration of performance management, talent review, succession planning, and employee and leadership competencies programs and processes, including data analysis.
• Manage multiple complex global projects including workplans, timelines, and project status updates.
• Coordinate across and within the Human Resources and Technology organizations to design, automate and implement talent management programs, and manage, update, and change talent management related modules. Organize User Tester Experience and Acceptance Testing before launching changes or new programs.
• Define measures and evaluate the impact of programs to help continually optimize and maximize results.
• Interact with employees and internal partners to develop clear understandings of their challenges and requirements, managing those requests appropriately, and providing recommendations.
• Partner with the Human Capital Analytics group to simplify complexity for stakeholders, tell a story with data, create visually appealing presentations and influence and inform all levels of the organization.
• Conduct research and summarize best practices in the context of application at the agency.
• Collaborate with Centers of Excellence (Diversity and Inclusion, Total Rewards, etc.) and other department functions to design, pilot and/or implement talent programs and processes.
• Coordinate with procurement department on vendor contract renewal, invoice processing and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Collaborate and support other HR divisions as appropriate on HR initiatives and agency programs.
• At least three years of HR, talent management, learning design, training, or relevant global project management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in HR or related field (Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations).
• Experienced user or administrator of at least one leading LMS. PeopleSoft experience is a plus but not required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel and Word), and Outlook.
• Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
• Self-starter with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Effective listener with the ability to incorporate input from multiple sources to inform an agency-wide solution.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking that is pragmatic and sensible.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguity.
• Experience coordinating with vendors.
• Demonstrated experience in independently organizing multi-faceted work calling for strong coordination, administration, analytical and critical thinking skills, and ability to make decisions under strict deadlines.
• Ability to adapt easily and operate effectively in the face of change and shifts in priorities.
• Prosci™ Change Management or similar certification.
• SHRM or similar Human Resources certification (e.g., CCP, GPHR etc).
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.