TITLE: Manager, Properties & Commercial Development, New York Stewart International Airport (SWF)
DEPARTMENT: Aviation Department
LOCATION: New York Stewart International Airport (SWF)
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a Manager, Properties & Commercial Development who will be responsible for the overall properties management and commercial development of New York Stewart International Airport (SWF) through the management, leasing and administration of all commercial property and airport privilege permits.
Under the direction of the Aviation Commercial Management Director (ACMD) and Deputy Aviation Commercial Officer (DACO) and the guidance of the General Manager, SWF (GM), the SWF Manager, Properties & Commercial Development develops strategies to maximize revenue production, establish and maintain effective relations with tenants and assess and enforce tenant compliance with lease requirements, to include monitoring key performance indicators associated with service levels agreements.
The Manager, Properties & Commercial Development also leads and supports negotiations and relationships with airlines, airport partners and tenants to improve the customer experience and services offered at SWF.
The selected candidate will be responsible for
- Leading, in coordination with the ACMD, DACO and GM, the negotiations of airline, terminal and other tenant lease agreements for SWF and airport privilege permits and extensions, including research regarding airports best commercial and financial practices to inform the preparation of business terms and operational framework.
- Leading, in coordination with the ACMD, Manger, Commercial Development and Revenue Strategies, and GM, the development of commercial strategies, and guiding implementation plans for projects and developments ancillary to terminal operations, including taking the lead on leasing initiatives processes for any airport development and for tenant leases.
- Coordinating with the Manager, Airport Concessions and Strategic Customer Experience in the monitoring of concession management and concessions operations activities for consistency with Port Authority standards and approved Comprehensive Concession Plans.
- Developing relationships with community, business, and government groups to optimize business opportunities consistent with local conditions.
- Collaborating with Air Service Development staff to attract new airline service.
- Facilitating discussions with developers and related parties, as needed, regarding airport development and design review of tenant construction and alteration process (TCAP) applications and maintenance letters.
- Providing oversight of the Operations, Maintenance and Concessionaire (OMC) contractor in coordination with the Manager, Airport Concessions and Strategic Customer Experience for compliance with lease requirements and service level agreements to promote world-class customer service and top-notch retail and food and beverage concessions in accordance with contractual obligations, including Street Pricing and Value for Money Options and approved Comprehensive Concession Plans.
- Monitoring the OM&C contractor’s compliance with lease requirements with respect to diversity and inclusion requirements such as M/WBE, ACBDE and local participation.
- Facilitating Key Performance Indicators and Performance Management Plans reviews of the OM&C contractor with appropriate PANYNJ personnel and managing the administration of applicable lease provisions relating to Performance Measurement and Standards.
- Commencing and leading legal actions, such as terminations, payback agreements, resolution of disputed audit findings and accounts receivable disputes, as necessary.
- Developing and updating reports related to SWF commercial revenue, such as budget, monthly financial performance analysis and long-range forecasts.
- Providing oversight of accounts receivable relating to SWF commercial agreements, including periodic reviews/audits and resolve any outstanding accounts receivable issues and PA Audit Department findings.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- In Lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 Years of progressive experience in property and/or real estate negotiations; or business or financial analysis.
- Minimum of Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in property and/or real estate negotiations; or business or financial analysis.
- Experience developing, negotiating, and managing leasing or revenue strategies in an airport setting.
- Experience developing and fostering internal and external relationships.
- Experience in creating and giving effective presentations to executive staff.
- Favorable results for a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check as mandated by 49 CFR 1542 and Transportation Security Administration Security Threat Assessment and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential and airfield driving privileges. SIDA access and escort privileges also require SIDA training and successful completion of a SIDA test.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience creating, investigating, and interpreting complex financial analyses.
- Knowledge of commercial property leasing and operating permits in an airport context (understanding of FAA policies).
- Demonstrated experience in adapting to the demands of concurrently handling multiple diverse situations and operating effectively in the face of uncertainty and change.
- Capable of aligning professional goals with the needs and priorities of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the workforce at all levels, as well as external constituents.
- High level of integrity and dependability with ability to think on both strategic and tactical level to develop long-term achievable plans.
- Effective decision making, problem solving, conflict negotiation, and communication skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.