The TEC Project Management Office (PMO) is augmenting its project management capacity and seeks a capable IT Project Manager. Candidates hired to the position of an IT Project Manager will facilitate and manage to completion IT projects that support or are integral to Port Authority capital and operational initiatives.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple IT projects of varying size and complexity. IT capital project scope will often include both network infrastructure build-out and application installation, testing and release. The successful candidate will work collaboratively and proactively in a complex and demanding environment to deliver on assigned IT projects.
- Create high level execution plans for delivering on agreed to project scope
- Establish and champion recommended project requirements, design, and planning standards including delivery methodology such as Agile, Lean, etc. based on project needs
- Engage with PA technical resources to identify tasks requiring action or follow up
- Communicate project progress to PA project stakeholders
- Proactively engage with PA senior management to escalate roadblocks
- Anticipate & resolve project issues and mitigate risks to minimize project delays
- Represent and advocate for PA Technology Department expectations with PA business lines, PA vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Maintain personal productivity in a matrixed work environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years working on managing IT projects
- Knowledge of IT project lifecycle and proven experience delivering on elements of IT projects, including software customization, database design, data migrations, system integrations, enterprise-wide implementations
- Conversant in network infrastructure components that enable the connectivity, communications, and operations of an enterprise network, including end points, routers, switches, copper/fiber optic cabling, data centers, firewalls, ports, IP addresses, network security applications
- Fluency with Microsoft Office 365 application suite of applications with intermediate knowledge of MS Project
- Ability to manage teams and influence people
- Be an effective verbal and written communicator, summarizing key concepts and issues
- Prior experience in the capital project management sector is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- PMP or knowledge of SDLC or structured methodology.
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities
- Experience working with information systems practices such as ITIL.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.